Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Cookies cookies cookies
Posted by: HeadHolio
Date: November 11, 2001 03:56PM

How about a cookie Opt-In for sites rather than disable. I want to be able to let specific sites set cookies and disallow ALL the rest. I never allow cookies unless I'm on one of four sites where they are (supposedly) needed. Also, how about a "delete all Cookies when the browser is closed" option. And for a release sometime in the future, how about a toggle switch on the toolbar of some kind to allow/disallow cookies on the fly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cookies cookies cookies
Posted by: po
Date: November 11, 2001 08:30PM

<a href="http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/toggle.php">this</a>; page in the docs section discusses how to make a toggle for pref settings, the example being for font size, but should be applicable to cookies, too... i haven't tried it with cookies, though, so if you do, and discover anything weird, post here and let everybody know.

--- po

Posted by: D'Sphitz
Date: November 15, 2001 09:56PM

one solution is you can stop being so paranoid about cookies

Posted by: po
Date: November 16, 2001 11:23AM

obsessing over deleting cookies may be slightly paranoid, but there are plenty of good reasons for not wanting them placed to begin with... for instance, in order to save wear and tear on my whining hard drive (which i can't afford to replace at the moment) i often browse with my disk cache set to zero, and my drive goes to sleep after three minutes of inactivity... k-meleon supports this nicely, but i have to keep cookies disabled in order to not have my drive start up again every time a site wants to drop one on me... on the other hand, there are some sights, such as forums, where you really want the 'last-visited' functionality... so it would be nice to be able to specify certain sites from which to accept them. viva configurability!

--- po

Date: November 21, 2001 05:51AM

How about because I don't want to leave a trail indicating each site I've visited on my hard drive? When surfing the internet, you can NEVER be too paranoid. Besides, I don't question everyone else's suggestions for improvement requests based on their surfing habits, why are you questioning mine?

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 21, 2001 01:38PM

It's been added to the improvement list. That doesn't mean it will be done be we do listen to the requests.

Andrew

Date: November 24, 2001 04:50AM

Andrew: Thanx.

Posted by: Paul
Date: December 10, 2001 11:12PM

HeadHolio,
Check out AdSubtract at www.adsubtract.com - it will do just what you want, and it works fine with K-meleon. It will also block banner ads for you if you wish. The best part is that it's free. I've found it very useful.

Paul.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.