Download manager and skins
Posted by: John McArn
Date: November 12, 2001 06:57AM

One thing that I think would be rockin' would be a download manager that is integrated -- or could be integrated -- with K-Meleon. Mirror searching would also be cool. Perhaps, it could be something like nt (Downloader for X) or Caitoo, but with a "friendlier" interface like Fresh Download or Download Accelerator (without the ads, of course :-P ). Also, skins or themes such as KDE Konqueror or Eazle's Nautilus -- or themes like those with the latest Galeon -- would be rather interesting as well. I wish that I knew how to code because then I'd do it myself :-) Anyway, I really enjoy using K-Meleon. . . and I appreciate the work that you all and other Open Source contributors have put towards it. Thanks, John

Re: Download manager and skins
Posted by: Brian
Date: November 16, 2001 10:55PM

Please don't add skins they make every program infinitely slower! Or at least provide a way to turn off skins completely (not just provide a "classic theme" that's still just as slow! overlaying images over everything... *shudder*). If you want skins go to Mozilla winking smiley

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 16, 2001 11:05PM

Brian,

K-Meleon is all about customization. If you don't want something, we usually don't force you to have it.

Andrew

Posted by: iskyva
Date: November 21, 2001 10:12PM

A download manager would be fabulous if it were possible.
It's the one feature I miss cos the only slow thing I've found in K-Meleon is d/loading files.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 22, 2001 01:35AM

Anyone want to code that?
smiling smiley

Andrew

Posted by: Galen Thurber
Date: November 22, 2001 04:22PM

Download manager. Yes!
K-M I find is very fast but something to replace DAP on my windoze box would be so sweet.

Even if K-M had a resume feature that would be rocking

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.