Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Scroll bars when browswer is maximized
Posted by: Lee Reynolds
Date: November 18, 2001 03:04AM

There is a small problem with the browswer when it is running in a maximized window. The problem is that along the left and right sides of the window, a border is still present. As a result if you move the mouse cursor over to the side in order to move the scroll bar, you have to actually aim it since if it hits the border it won't move the scrollbar. I see no reason why anyone should have to use gamer skills and aim anything that carefully when it is not necessary.

Thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Scroll bars when browswer is maximized
Posted by: Myen
Date: November 19, 2001 08:08AM

This is a standard Windows thing... all apps (IE, NS, etc) do it. Except for IE fulllscreen mode.
It would be a nice feature to have in fullscreen mode though, since it's expected in that case that the right edge of the window would not include window border. Perhaps we can unset WS_BORDER when fullscreen? At least it won't be another state to keep track of, since we always want a border when not in fullscreen mode.

Re: Scroll bars when browswer is maximized
Posted by: Barney
Date: November 25, 2001 05:35PM

I miss the ability to use my third mouse botton in these cases. I am so use to this feature that reluctantly I use MIE for particular sights in order to use the scroll buttom. The latest version of Netscape allows this button to work as well.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.