Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
link->save as, plugin scripting, bookmark plugi
Posted by: mortee
Date: November 20, 2001 06:00PM

If I right-click on a link, and select Save As, I can choose a location, but the download window doesn't show up (the file gets downloaded though). Is this intended, and can somehow be worked around?

I saw macro commands like "fullscreen()" or "bookmarks(Add)" mentioned, but those and friends seem to be documented nowhere. Any references on these capabilities?

The Netscape bookmark plugin would IMO need some improvements... I can add a bookmark, but i can't do so under a submenu. What about adding an "Add bookmark" item at the top of each bookmark submenu? Or, a single menu item "Add as" or something where I can select where and with which label the link should be added.

The edit bookmarks bookmarks should be able to change the label of a bookmark, not just the location.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: link->save as, plugin scripting, bookmark p
Posted by: po
Date: November 20, 2001 07:11PM

the fullscreen() and bookmarks(Add) are, i believe, function calls to the respective plugins, and not macros... there's a thread somewhere on this board with information about that, can't remember where, though... a search might turn it up. it seems like they can be used in much the same way as a macro, as far as adding to menus, etc... although i haven't had any luck assigning Ctrl+D to favorites(Add) instead of ID_SELECT_URL. go figure.

--- po

Posted by: Brian
Date: November 21, 2001 06:41PM

in theory all plugins should work as you would assume, but sometimes things slip through and apparently CTRL+D = favorites(add) is one of them : /

Posted by: Jeff
Date: November 21, 2001 07:05PM

Some of the older plugins (favorites, bookmarks) don't yet support accel bindings. It's just going to be a matter of adding a DoAccel() function to the plugins.

-- Jeff

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.