Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Bookmarks editing/managing.
Posted by: Bernard Mercier
Date: November 24, 2001 09:42AM

1 - When adding a bookmark it should be possible to create a new folder, put the bookmark in a folder or subfolder.

2 - When editing/managing bookmarks, it should be able to sort the bookmarks in the folder.

3 - When editing /managing it should be possible to drag the bookmark to another position even when the window size is too small. The window should scrollin the direction xher the bookmark is dragged to.

4 - It should be possible to edit the properties of a bookmark entry.

Bernard

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bookmarks editing/managing.
Posted by: Brian
Date: November 24, 2001 11:42AM

4 - you can edit the properties, to change the url, type in the new one in the box at the bottom. to rename, click on the name like you rename files in explorer. to set it as the toolbar folder, use the context menu. what else do you need?

Date: November 25, 2001 09:37PM

Thank you Brian,

I was looking for the common approach right-click -- select properties -- edit.
I see you can indeed click on the name and url to change things.

Bernard

Date: November 26, 2001 04:06PM

oh, and to get around number 3, you can drag, then scroll, then drag, then scroll, etc.. (ie, drag the bookmark to the bottom of the window, then scroll the window and drag again).

Date: November 27, 2001 11:00AM

Yes that's the way I did it finally.

But nevertheless I hope this improvement request will be taken into account in view of user-friendlyness.

Bernard

Date: November 27, 2001 04:52PM

it will be, but you must realize how amazingly difficult something like that is, especially considering how easy it looks. the current bookmark manager window thing is a culmination of about 20 or so programming hours (I'm talking real hours, not "1 hour of programming, 2 hours of reading slashdot"). Considering the list of things that just plain don't work (like frames, profile switching, random crashing, etc.), you can image why spending another 20 hours to make the bookmark editor a bit better is hard to justify.

Date: December 02, 2001 11:54AM

Yes in development bug fixing of functionality is prior to improvements in user-friendlyness. Glad the point is taken maybe for the future.

Bernard

Posted by: Harry B. Soletsky
Date: December 06, 2001 07:27PM

I know after I down loaded that my IE bookmark list was too long so I turned it off as there is no way to remove them from the K-melon list without doing so with IE browser as well. So I would now like to import my netscape list which is much shorter but so far I can't find anything to do this. I would want to remove IE list from Kmelon.

Date: December 06, 2001 09:58PM

You can disable the ie favorites plugin, then enable the netscape bookmarks plugin. Then you will have all your netscape bookmarks, and none of your IE ones.

Posted by: Harry B. Soletsky
Date: December 08, 2001 02:54AM

How do I disable the IIE plugin and enable the Netscape bookmarks?

Date: December 08, 2001 06:21PM

Click edit->preferences->plugins, then click IE Bookmarks and hit disable, then click netscape bookmarks and hit enable.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.