Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Details on downloading page
Posted by: Wildgrin
Date: November 28, 2001 08:59PM

Hej!

One of the best features of "Opera" browser is IMO showing details on downloading page, (address field is replaced with details until all is loaded), eg:

Document: 23KB (written over progress bar)
(I would rather prefer: "23KB of xKB")
(additional info: "xKB of xKB" ; would be nice)
Total: 50KB (written over progress bar)
(again : "50KB of xKB")
Speed: 2.5KB/s
Time: 20s

When I see that Document is downloaded in 100% and I don't need some pictures (like adds) I simply press "Stop".

It's one of few features that keep me chained to that browser although it still lacks DOM2 support...

Is there a list of features that are likely/unlikely to go into next release (releases)? (I'd love to see this one there smiling smiley

Regards
Wildgrin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Details on downloading page
Posted by: Kemal
Date: December 04, 2001 05:42AM

I'm with you here. Very nice of Opera.

For K-Meleon, I would even accept a bigger status line to accomodate all your preferences.

I also wish that K-Meleon implements Mozilla's policy option to disable Javascript overwriting of the status bar (prefs.js).

I am a status bar nerd, and I want to easily see where a link would take me to (the URL) before I click it.
In addition, it would be nice if I have the option to specify that all pop-up/pop-under windows will always have this status bar! I don't much care for the web designers idea of a bare window.

--kemal--

Posted by: Andrew
Date: December 04, 2001 07:29AM

Kemal,

If you can specify the pref. in Mozilla, you should be able to do that in K-Meleon. Did you try adding the pref?

Andrew

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: December 14, 2001 04:41AM

Spoiled brats of Opera... me too. I won't scream and kick for it, but some little details would be nice.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.