Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Window Tiling
Posted by: Tensaiiji
Date: December 15, 2001 08:48PM

I'm really an Opera user, but after trying the family of gecko based browsers I have really been impressed by their speed (and it seems that k-melon is the best of the bunch).

My biggest criticism though is the lack of a window tiling feature. This is something that I really love in Opera, and I think it's quite a killer app. Although I will give k-melon some credit with the next and previous window hotkeys.

Alternatively perhaps the inclusion of tabs like in mozilla or netscape would do the trick, but both would keep everybody happy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Window Tiling
Posted by: bitblt
Date: December 18, 2001 05:37PM

I am an Opera user and the MDI is the precise reason I cannot switch to K-Meleon at this point.

I'm not sure if this is something that is outside the scope of a plugin. But if it isn't, that'd be the way to go. Most uses prefer the IE, SDI style interface, but it's not for me.

If anyone has a thoughts on how this could be pulled off I'd be glad to here about it.

Re: Window Tiling
Posted by: Peter
Date: December 25, 2001 06:08PM

I am also another Opera user, and I would like to see MDI interface. Those of us running at smaller screen resolutions need it - if we have too many open widows on teh task bar then it's too cluttered to read what they are.

Peter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.