Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Some usability suggestions
Posted by: Edwin
Date: December 24, 2001 02:48PM

First of all I wish to thank you on the great job you've done with K-Meleon. I don't have a fast system and keep myself certified Internet Explorer free, which only left Netscape 4 as an option. But after a month of using this browser I'm happy to see that there is an alternative which I can actually run on my system.

I do have a few requests which could enhance the useability even further.

* Use of the statusbar to show the URL when selecting from the history (Go menu and Back button menu). Currently it's impossible to make out the difference between multiple pages with the same title.

* A separate menu within frames. For me primarily because I have no way to reload frames now, something I often do with framed message boards for instance.

* mentioned earlier on this list, but change the huge distance that new windows are moved, every time I open one I have to move it back to get it onto the screen.

* I love the pop-up disabling feature. Unfortunately there are a few normal sites I need which are actually depend on the pop-ups (the library from my university for instance). Is it possible to add an "allow list" for sites that I trust? This could be implemented through the current disable list which is not of much use when you disable by default.

* Something which probably has been mentioned. Dragging of URLs from either the page or location bar. This is especially convenient when using something like ICQ for instance.

That's "all" I can remember at this time :-) Keep up the good work.

Edwin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some usability suggestions
Date: December 24, 2001 03:58PM

One I forgot. I have a rather fast internet connection and when downloading a file with speeds in excess of 1 megabyte per second, the update frequency of the download window is getting so high that most of it is unreadable and it even affects the speed of the download itself. It would be nice if the update frequency was limited to once or twice a second.

Edwin

Posted by: Brian
Date: December 25, 2001 08:36AM

I don't have 0.6 installed on this computer (I have 0.7-devel), but I think you can actually drag the page icon in the url bar.

The download window thing is kinda funny.

Would you mind reporting these as bugs (see the 'bugs' link under, 'forums' on the left) so I don't forget them?

Posted by: Andrew
Date: December 26, 2001 01:20AM

Edwin,

The frames menu is a known issue with Mozilla. Hopefully, that will be corrected soon.

Andrew

Date: December 27, 2001 05:31PM

Brain,

I obviously still use 0.6 and there is no page icon in the url bar. Which could mean that it's already implemented.

Which ones do you want me to report as bugs? I'll start with the ones that I can in some way see as bugs though.

Thanks Andrew. I was afraid that it could be a Mozilla limitation.

Edwin

Posted by: Andrew
Date: December 27, 2001 07:35PM

Edwin,

Report the problems and enhancements as "bugs". Brian and Jeff can fix them or dump them as necessary.

Andrew

Posted by: Matthew
Date: December 28, 2001 10:55PM

He means to drag FROM the url bar, not TO it. Dragging a url from the bar is currently unsupported.

Posted by: David
Date: January 23, 2002 11:53PM

Hi,

I don' t know if this is an easily addressed issue, but I find myself hitting Backspace and getting frustrated when I realize that it doesn't work to "Go back one page" as it does in MSIE. (Yes, shamefully enough I'm an IE user normally. Just started using K-Meleon today)

So, my suggestion is to include in the next version the use of Backspace to go back one page as well as Alt-LeftArrow.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.