Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Toolbar Folder
Posted by: Nicole Simon
Date: December 31, 2001 02:28AM

Two request or questions for the right place to look at:
In Netscape, the size of a button in the personal toolbar ist set.
Can I do this here also? I hate to cut down my Links just to
have short entries.

Where do I set the images for the folder and a normal link
of this bar? I hate the ones I got yawning smiley)

Additional question: If I see this correctly, I can't mix
bmp-Files in the toolbar.cfg?

tia
Nicole

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Toolbar Folder
Posted by: po
Date: December 31, 2001 09:54PM

i don't think the first two things are easily changed yet, not without hacking into some resource files, probably... can't tell you where to look.

in the toolbar.cfg you should be able to use any image for any state of any button, for instance:

Stop {
ID_NAV_STOP
stop_pic.bmp
cold_stop.bmp
tooldead.bmp
}
Reload {
ID_NAV_RELOAD
reload_arrows.bmp
cold_reload.bmp
tooldead.bmp
}
etc...

is that what you meant?

Posted by: Mark
Date: December 31, 2001 10:39PM

I wasn't aware you could set the size of a button in the personal toolbar. Are you talking about NS 4.x? Where is that set? No, you cannot do that in K-Meleon.
The images for folders and bookmarks cannot be configured by the user, currently.

So the bad news is that you can't do either of those things currently. The good news is that I'm working on the bookmark plugin and I just added those to my to-do list. :-)

Date: January 01, 2002 02:38PM

Wish everybody a happy new year ;o)

No, that was not quite what I meant. Sorry, it is sometimes not clear to me that I need to be more specific to be understood ;o) but don't worry: story of my life even in my native language ;o)

I am talking of the width of the Buttons when you have a toolbar folder activated (about the size of the normal toolbar and to have nice big images which are larger than just tiny 16x16 - well that's another point I am struggling with ...)

I do have a link in my folder tool bar:
Google Advanced Groups Search

This is how it is shown in kmelon - every letter. In NS, it is cut:
Google Advanced

Or even 'worser' (one line):
Benzinpreisvergleich: Die g?nstigste Tankstelle in Ihrer N? - Service - SPIEGEL ONLINE

In NS it is just
Benzinpreisvergl

So the width of the button is somehow limited (but not setable) - and I can have more buttons to be seen. In NS I do see 12 Buttons, in kmelon just 9. A workaround would be to have the links renamed and than I could have more.- which I don't quite like.

BUT: if you have a todo list, a drag and drop of links like in NS from an open address to be dragged into the bar would be higher on my personal wishlist ;o))

bye
Nicole

Posted by: Mark
Date: January 01, 2002 08:13PM

Okay. Just shortening the button text, that I can do. And I might as well make the length configurable while I'm at it...

The drag and drop will be somewhat complicated. They might be working on general drag and drop of links for the next version, but I'm still developing using 0.6, so I can't do that yet. I'll put it on my to do list, but it will probably be a while...

Hm, how about just a command to add the current page to the toolbar? You could bind it to CTRL-T or something. I can do that easily.

Date: January 01, 2002 09:14PM

configurable would be great!

It would be a nice workaround to have an answer to other people "No you can't do this now but will be able to in the future". It won't help me that much but on the other hand: Till we got a nice bookmark editing facility, this would be really ok.

btw: i don't expect everything to be done at once, I am fully satisfied if you say you put it on the list ;o)

Being an Forte Agent User for >6 years now you get used to wishlists and be patient *grin*

Nicole

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.