Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Navigation History Feature?
Posted by: Jim
Date: January 04, 2002 03:21PM

I just started exploring K-Meleon and am fairly happy with it. The one feature it seems to be missing is a solid history feature that will potentially allow me to find pages I have visited in a reasonable period in the past. The address combo only holds pages I have typed in, not those I have traversed via links. I often end up using the history feature to get back to some page I hit a few hours (or days) back which might be difficult to find again without another extensive search.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Navigation History Feature?
Posted by: Andrew
Date: January 04, 2002 03:54PM

Jim,

The embedded version of Mozilla that we use doesn't provide good history functionality. I know that the developers are working on this issue. The particular bug report at Mozilla is:

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=70714

Andrew

Posted by: andres
Date: January 04, 2002 05:47PM

Can't K-Meleon disk cache just be converted into a html file and presented in the browser?

Posted by: po
Date: January 04, 2002 10:51PM

or better yet, an HTML presentation of the history.dat file?

Posted by: scratch
Date: January 04, 2002 11:28PM

Yes. Type about:cache in the location bar.

Date: January 05, 2002 02:38AM

hey, now there's an 'about:' i can use... smiling smiley

how come nobody mentioned that one in <a href="http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=2125&t=2125">this</a>; thread?

Posted by: andres
Date: January 05, 2002 06:26PM

about:cache is quite all right except for the following:

(a) you don't get history direct, you have to click "List Cache Entries" first;

(b) the cache entries list includes, separately, css-s, gifs and other kinds of files which are not always necessary and which make finding the right history item complicated; there should an option to display "only urls visited" or "all cached files" - that was what I meant under "conversion"; - just to make history presentation user-friendly winking smiley

(c) the cache entries list includes the size and date etc for every cache item; that is not so necessary, just names (urls) in the list would often be enough.

A good history list is provided e.g. by Opera: it's compact in appearance and lists visited htmls by date (coming first) and then all urls (under that date).

Posted by: Jim
Date: January 08, 2002 04:29PM

The page title should also be shown with the URL; there are some very opaque URLs out there.

Date: January 08, 2002 05:45PM

it's funny you should say that... i'm usually frustrated with the opacity of the titles, myself. seeing both is definitely best.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.