Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
"Developer" feature request
Posted by: Curtis "Ovid" Poe
Date: January 25, 2002 04:28PM

Hi,

First, the obvious: kudos for putting out an excellent tool.

Second: I'd love to help with the project, but my C skills are minimal, at best. However, I am a very experienced Perl/CGI developer. One of my greatest frustrations with browsers is not being able to see the HTTP headers. I routinely have to pull out some utility scripts if I need to see what headers are being sent. It doesn't sound like this would be a major undertaking, though I realize that this would likely not be useful to many who aren't developers.

In short, in the "View" menu, having a 'H'eaders option would virtually guarantee that K-Meleon be my primary development browser and would also likely lead me to touting it to everybody and their dog. As I am relatively well-known in the Perl community (I am "Ovid" on www.perlmonks.org, for example), I imagine that quite a few programmers would be interested in my opinion.

Cheers,
Ovid

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Developer" feature request
Posted by: po
Date: January 25, 2002 06:42PM

> I realize that this would likely not be useful to many who aren't developers.

i dunno... i'm not a web developer, but i occasionally wish for an easy way to see that information... but not in a modal thinger, ok? smiling smiley

Posted by: Mark
Date: January 25, 2002 08:00PM

At first, I thought, "Oh crap, he's going to want a Perl interpreter built-in or something..." :-)

Consider this idea "thirded." Perhaps it could be combined into a "View Info" sort of thing. Perhaps I should get over my quirks and just setup the Mozilla build already so I can do some of this myself. ;-)

Posted by: Curtis
Date: January 28, 2002 09:51PM

Well, of course I want a Perl interpreter integrated smiling smiley Of course, I would never dream of requesting one since that functionality seems so far removed.

It occurs to me that this functionality could also have significant privacy benefits. If you happen to visit one of the Web sites that is STUPID enough to store your password in the cookie, this is a quicker check than Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy -> "Edit Cookies".
Of course, a built-in Perl interpreter that let me write custom plug-ins for this ... sigh. Time to quit daydreaming and get back to work smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.