Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Change Mouse Wheel
Posted by: Oswald Glinkmeyer
Date: February 26, 2002 12:16PM

The mouse wheel in K-meleon works differently than in all other applications, ignoring the settings in Control Panel.

I have the mouse wheel set to scroll three lines when rolled. In all other applicaitons, this is what the wheel does. In K-meleon, it scrolls multiple screens! On a typical page, it scrolls the equivalent of two Page Down keys.

There is a work around. That is, I have found I can use shift with the mouse wheel and the page scrolls correctly. Unfortunately, this means that I'm constantly doing crazy things in other applications. For example, in IE 5.5, shift-wheel navigates forwards and backwards. So if I'm not careful, I find myself scrolling back two or three pages when I use IE now, since I'm starting to use the shift key.

Why does K-Meleon have such a non-standard result for the mouse wheel? Why scroll several pages when using it? I would very much like to see it use the settings in Control Panel or be user-defined. If it is user-defined already, please point me to the settings.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Change Mouse Wheel
Posted by: Al.
Date: February 27, 2002 12:56AM

You're lucky, my mouse wheel doesn't work at all with K-M. It works fine with every other Windows app, 'cept K-M, which is a real mystery. :-(

Posted by: sven
Date: February 27, 2002 08:40AM

Rather it's a mystery why your wheels display such behaviour at all. I have tested K-M on several machines and wheel always behaves the way it should.

What mouse & drivers are your guys using?

Posted by: timoch
Date: February 27, 2002 01:36PM

I use a Logitech optical wheel mouse with good results. My son bought a generic optical wheel mouse and had some problems tracking, but when he installed the Logictech driver, everything worked well. You might consider downloading a Logitech driver for their site.

Posted by: Jerrad Pierce
Date: February 28, 2002 07:08AM

I use a Logitech Tackman and KM works fine,
the Logitech driver itself sucks though.
Often after extended periods of uptime it goes
berzerk and scrolls multi-screen instead of one.

Date: February 28, 2002 06:28PM

I'm using the Logitech First Mouse with Logitech Mouseware v8.0x.

I have no problems in any other application. I don't understand why, if it's a problem with Logitech, why it only occurs in KM.

glink

Posted by: sven
Date: February 28, 2002 07:13PM

Now that Jerrad mentioned it - there has indeed been erratic mouse behaviour with Mozilla too. I have had Mozilla occasionally scrolling like there's no tomorrow, several tens of pages with one scroll-movement. There glitches used to be fairly common for me in older builds, nightlies almost never give me this particular trouble. Perhaps the problem is rooted somewhere in Mozilla engine instead?

Date: March 07, 2002 11:32PM

I notice that not only does my Logitech mouse wheel perform strangely, but on my laptop with a Synaptics touchpad the wheel buttons don't work at all. I notice that the readme file mentions mouse wheel problems, and blames it on the driver and/or helper programs. It still seems to me an odd coincidence that there are so many problems with mouse wheels and that users don't seem to have problems with other applications and the wheel. If it *is* the driver, what is it about the mouse driver that Mozilla or K-Meleon is using that all the other software isn't?

Posted by: po
Date: March 08, 2002 12:39AM

k-meleon doesn't use standard windows scrolling.

it's part of the gecko engine.

it's that simple.

i think.

smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.