Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
TITLE and ALT Parameters; ACRONYM Tags
Posted by: Oswald Glinkmeyer
Date: March 01, 2002 11:05PM

I have a couple of issues. I'm not sure if they're Mozilla or K-Meleon related. They both involve mouseover activities.

When you hold a mouse over an object that has title or alt text it has a pop-up that gives you the information. Unfortunately, if the item is near the right-hand side of the screen, the text goes right off the side of the screen as the mouseover text appears directly under the cursor and goes to the right. If the text is more than a few characters, it goes right off the side of the screen so that one can't read it. If you move your mouse to the left, of course, you move off the object. In IE, this is handled by moving the mouseover text to the left so that it appears on the visible screen.

How does K-Meleon handle TITLE text for ACRONYM tags? In IE, it shows a pop-up when the mouse is over the item showing the TITLE text. In K-Meleon, the ACRONYM tag is marked with a dotted underline, but when you hold your mouse over the item, you get a question mark, but no text. What does the question mark mean? And how does one view the TITLE text?

Thanks,
Carl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TITLE and ALT Parameters; ACRONYM Tags
Posted by: Deft
Date: March 02, 2002 09:47PM

Title text is supposed to be shown as a tip or similar for any item, I may have to investigate this in moz at some point...

Date: March 08, 2002 04:12AM

It just seems a bit strange to me that KM would obviously recognize a ACRONYM tag, and even give you a little question mark when you hover over it, but doesn't seem to allow the user to read the TITLE attribute...or not at least in any obvious way.

Date: March 17, 2002 06:52PM

Still wondering what the deal is with this. I hope it's either explained or fixed in upcoming releases. If it's a Mozilla/Gecko problem, I hope someone over there is working on it.

glink

Posted by: Andrew
Date: March 18, 2002 09:53PM

Oswald,

We're supposed to provide support for Title tags. If it is not working, we'll need to code that in. It's not completely supported in the embedded version of the Mozilla code that we work wtih either.

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.