Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Just one window?
Posted by: Psaid
Date: March 08, 2002 04:29PM

I just dl and tried k-melon, I like what im seeing but I cant find one thing that I like about Opera and that is the ability to have several browsers windows in one window. (Hope you understand)

So if you have 4 wepages open you have a statusbar somewhere where you can choose what webpage to view. And only having one k-melon in the windows statusbar instead of four. I just hate when you have 6 IE open and they get smaller each time you get a popup window.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just one window?
Posted by: Mike
Date: March 08, 2002 05:56PM

Yes, I would love this too. I use Galeon under linux, and one of the
things I like most about it is the tabs support - I'm so used to it, browsing
with half a dozen IE or K-Meleon windows open is so difficult, really. It's
hard to keep track of where everything is and what it's up to.

Galeon uses a tab for each page; viewed tabs are black, pages which
have loaded something since you last looked are red, and pages which
have finished loading since you last looked are blue.

Of course, keep the ability to open new windows.

And btw, the option to disallow popup windows during page load/unload
totally rocks!

Posted by: Al.
Date: March 09, 2002 01:20AM

Actually I believe there was another recent discussion thread about exactly the same thing: tabs. The downside was a few K-Meleon purists poo-pooed the idea, saying they *preferred* the singular window approach?
The newer versions of Mozilla support tabs, and personally I like the idea as well, it certainly doesn't drain the resources like opening a single new window does, on every new page. Of course adding this feature may bloat the code a little, however it wouldn't be by much, and let's face it, K-Meleon is still a trim 4 or 5 meg download (certainly beats IE's 50megs plus).

Posted by: Andrew
Date: March 09, 2002 06:04AM

As we've always said about Tabs, "you can have them if you code them".
smiling smiley

Andrew

Posted by: DJ
Date: March 09, 2002 09:27AM

this may just help you guys who want taps if you press Alt+Tab it will bring up everything you have open then to select the thing you want press tab till it has a box around it

Posted by: Azi
Date: March 11, 2002 09:14PM

That is one of the two things I like about the bloated cousin, Mozilla and one of the reasons I will probably continue to use it periodically. Middle clicking can open a new window in a Tab, middle click a tab to close it. I feel it is very convenient.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.