Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Easily, temporarily change fonts
Posted by: Oswald Glinkmeyer
Date: March 10, 2002 02:56PM

I see this has sort of been mentioned in some of the threads here, but not specifically that I can tell. Sometimes I would like to change fonts temporarily because I can't see things because the web guy has made it too small normally, or I'm just surfing without my glasses. Most things I don't have a problem with.

I know that it's possible to change things in the prerference file, but it would be nice if there were a quick menu item that would increase the font size incrementally as in NS and IE. And I'm not talking about a user style sheet either. I know there's talk about all the capabilities that macros have or will have, but I don't have time to work something out like that. If that's going to be the only way to add features in the future, it would be nice if there were a macro library so that we could download what others have created.

Thanks for considering it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Easily, temporarily change fonts
Posted by: Rhys
Date: March 10, 2002 06:26PM

Oswald,

There are instructions for creating a macro to change the text size under the "Documentation" section - see http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/index.php and look under the heading "Macros and Macro Scripting".

It includes instructions for assigning the text size macro to a toolbar button (like in IE).

Posted by: Oswald Glinkmeyer
Date: March 12, 2002 12:26AM

That's not a particularly user-friendly way of doing it, but it works. :-) Thanks. Without those step-by-step instructions, I don't think I would have been able to do it. Even then I made some mistakes.

Posted by: po
Date: March 12, 2002 01:59AM

it would be theoretically possible for someone to build a friendlier interface for the macros some day, that would be sufficient for creating simple ones... i wouldn't hold my breath, though. and hey, you get more satisfaction this way. smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.