Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Make K-Meleon the default browser
Posted by: OgO
Date: March 11, 2002 02:08AM

Just a little request:

To have an option in the program, a button in the preferences page probably, to set K-Meleon as the default browser.

I had to reinstall IE the other day, since it was playing up (surprise surprise) just for those sites that don't work so well with K-Meleon (but I can't think of any offhand - I think some sites that use IE java stuff that doesn't work well...), and IE quite helpfully set itself as the default for all internet stuff.

While I could have edited the registry manually, the easiest thing was to reinstall K-meleon over the old install and make sure to check the option in the installer (I'm glad it leaves your settings and stuff as they are - I forgot to back them up before reinstalling it smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Make K-Meleon the default browser
Posted by: Al.
Date: March 11, 2002 05:27AM

Actually that would be a nice option (hint hint). However in the meantime, you could use SetBrowser to set K-Meleon as the default Windows browser (I know I have).
SetBrowser can be downloaded here:
http://www.pc-tools.net/

Posted by: OgO
Date: March 11, 2002 09:03AM

Thanks for the link, there are a few nice little goodies at that site smiling smiley

One of the ones I picked up ViewHead, reminds me of a feature it would be handy on occasion to have in the browser (hint smiling smiley - the ability to view the results of a 'head' command for any particular URL.

Posted by: po
Date: March 11, 2002 10:30AM

funny you should mention that... ViewHead is just one of several nifty little utilities i have sitting around waiting for the macro scripting in k-meleon to be able to pass them URLs... not that they're not useful now, but integration will be nice. winking smiley

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: March 23, 2002 08:11PM

Ugh, IE. It isn't allowed on my hard drive.
http://www.98lite.net/ieradicator.html

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.