Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
IE css extensions and other stuff
Posted by: charlie
Date: March 23, 2002 04:54PM

I use kmeleon very often because i love it. I don't miss much things, although i would like you add:

- support for IE css extensions, such transparency filters, overflow hidden, bars colors...
- smooth scroll when you use the mouse's wheel
that's all right now, thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IE css extensions and other stuff
Posted by: Al.
Date: March 24, 2002 02:45AM

>- support for IE css extensions, such transparency filters, overflow hidden, bars colors...

Mostly proprietary stuff, and according to the W3C, illegal, especially coloured scrollbars.
http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/scrollbars.html

Posted by: sven
Date: March 24, 2002 09:22PM

Well, as much as I'd like to see Mozilla as purist browser, we already have history of Mozilla adopting some of IE stuff. innerHTML and allowing to mix DOM elements and values in code (document.body.bgcolor type of stuff) are the first that come to my mind.

As for supporting "cool" things I'd suggest IE engineers to start support CSS1 & CSS2 for starters smiling smiley

Have a look at http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/ with both IE and K-M. You'd be surprised. Pure CSS and yet IE chokes on it.

Posted by: charlie
Date: March 25, 2002 11:25AM

Ey, I can live without coloured bars!! and if I find a way to make transparencies, hide bars and all that stuff without using propietary and monobrowser stuff, I'll surely do!! sven, very nice page, I hope too IE start supporting standards...

Posted by: Oswald Glinkmeyer
Date: March 26, 2002 05:55PM

http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/scrollbars.html

Ack! Something on that page slows my K-M to an almost standstill. What's up with that? Scrolling takes several seconds per line. While my computer is a bit old, I don't think it should have that much trouble on a 500mhz 96Mb machine. It's that floating thingie, I guess. While a gee-whiz sort of thing, it makes those pages useless on my machine when using K-M. :-(

Any ideas how to tell K-M to ignore that floaty thing?

Posted by: Andrew
Date: March 26, 2002 06:04PM

Oswald,

It's a Mozilla bug. It's fixed in the next release.

Andrew

Date: March 26, 2002 07:49PM
Posted by: Oswald Glinkmeyer
Date: March 28, 2002 07:01PM

Andrew, thanks for the link. Looks like that bug was squished. I hope we'll see KM with the new engine soon. For now, it makes KM impossible to use on the CSS pages. IE is better for poking around there even if it doesn't do the floaty thingie.

glink

Date: March 28, 2002 10:54PM

Oswald,

That should work in our beta build as we are using Moz 0.9.9 code which was released after this bug was fixed.

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.