Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Remember State on 'Back'?
Posted by: Calum I Mac Leod
Date: March 23, 2002 10:10PM

K-Meleon is a very nice browser, and I look forward to the new version, especially as you're obviously dedicated to getting it right rather that making it early (unlike some browser vendors).

Anyway, the one thing that's kept me from making K-Meleon my default Windows browser is that when I click back, (Alt + Left) the focus has moved. I don't like to use the mouse while surfing and that is really the one thing that really slows me down.

It would be nice if the Menu items (File, Edit, etc.) were keyboard accessible too, but that's not so important.

Calum

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Remember State on 'Back'?
Posted by: Stephan Stahl
Date: March 26, 2002 06:53AM

The menu is keyboard accesssible.. but you have to disable the "rebar" plugin as it conflicts with the menu and keys...

Posted by: Calum I Mac Leod
Date: March 26, 2002 05:32PM

Stephan Stahl:
> The menu is keyboard accesssible.. but you have to disable the "rebar" plugin as
> it conflicts with the menu and keys...

Thanks, I turned off the rebar menu plug-in but Alt+F (for example) does nothing. Is there a different key combination for menus?

(also, if anyone is thinking of contributing a 'remember state on back' feature then I'll be very happy ;-)

Calum

Posted by: po
Date: April 03, 2002 03:11AM

> (also, if anyone is thinking of contributing a 'remember state on back' feature then I'll be very happy ;-)

this seems to be on the right track in the current beta, so start smiling... smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.