Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Multiple user preferences
Posted by: Wobbly Bob
Date: September 20, 2002 02:35AM

Is it possible for every user to have his or her own set of profiles? I'm running Windows 2000 with K-Meleon 0.6, and every user is using the profiles in e:\programfiles\K-Meleon\profiles. Would it be possible for everyone to have a set of profiles in c:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\K-Meleon\profiles, the way Mozilla 1.1 does?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Multiple user preferences
Posted by: po
Date: September 20, 2002 04:28AM

earlier versions of k-meleon worked this way, and people complained about it... i guess you're damned if you do, don't, or any which way... winking smiley

Posted by: Lars Behrens
Date: September 20, 2002 07:00AM

Can't see what there could be to complain about...

I mean, what about privacy? Everyone could see which sites I have visited.. And another thing: What about the password manager? If one doesn't split up the profiles (I did it manually, Ver.0.65, WinXP), can everybody use everybody else's passwords?

Cheerz Lars

Posted by: D.Rider
Date: September 20, 2002 04:13PM

Then how about putting the profile's cache in the Windows profile? Let Windows handle the security; only admins would likely be able to view a user's history. Right?

Posted by: Robert
Date: September 20, 2002 05:38PM

It is possible, but not easy. If you understand german, look at

http://home.pages.at/daut/k-meleon/netzwerk.htm

Posted by: Wobbly Bob
Date: September 30, 2002 11:56AM

Would it be possible to do this manually by setting the Settings Dir to %APPDATA%\SeeminglyRandomCharacters.slt? Is it possible to determine what the seemingly random characters should be?

Posted by: Jason Foss
Date: September 30, 2002 06:05PM

Just create the new profile, copy the file you want kept secret where you want, then set the settings directory correctly.

Now if windows shortcuts worked like symbolic links under unix, this would be extremely easy. smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.