Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Some suggestions
Posted by: David Nordenberg
Date: November 11, 2002 12:30AM

Hello, great browser smiling smiley however there are some things I must say I don't like sad smiley

First, remove that ugly IE3.0 menu background you have by default.
Second, about "layers", I don't like the word "layers" for tabbed browsing, everyone knows what tabbed browsing is by now so why not call it that instead and change the looks of the layer buttons to look like tabs? Also I want to be able to move the "layer toolbar" (or tabs as I want them to be) to the bottom of the browser window. Also open a new tab should be the default when you press Ctrl+N and close the current tab with Ctrl+W. The site icon (favicon.ico or what is is called) would be nice to have before the tab name. There should also be a close button for the current tab and one button for closing all tabs and a third button for creating a new tab.

Some suggestions of mine, feel free to place a comment on them smiling smiley

Regards David Nordenberg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some suggestions
Posted by: Alan
Date: November 11, 2002 01:10AM

"First, remove that ugly IE3.0 menu background you have by default."

Yes, I agree. At least it can be changed easily.

"Second, about "layers", I don't like the word "layers" for tabbed browsing"

You can change the name from layers to tabs if you like, whether it be on the main menu, context menus, or title of the layer toolbar itself.

Edit->Preferences->Configs->Menus - There you can change the menu related names of layers to whatever you want.

Edit->Preferences->Configs->Prefs - There you can change the layer toolbar title to whatever you like, or even get rid of the title, with this pref:

user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.layers.title", "Tabs"); // Now 'Tabs'
user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.layers.title", ""); // No title at all.

"Also I want to be able to move the "layer toolbar" (or tabs as I want them to be) to the bottom of the browser window."

Not possible at this moment in time.

"Also open a new tab should be the default when you press Ctrl+N and close the current tab with Ctrl+W"

You can customize your keyboard shortcuts here:

Edit->Preferences->Configs->Accelerators

"The site icon (favicon.ico or what is is called) would be nice to have before the tab name."

Agreed.

"There should also be a close button for the current tab and one button for closing all tabs and a third button for creating a new tab."

I believe you can do this by creating a new toolbar with some buttons binded to custom macros, and then have the toolbar on the right edge of the 'layers' toolbar. I haven't tried this myself.

-Alan
kmeleon32@yahoo.com

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.