Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
XP-ish user interface.
Posted by: Jaap
Date: February 16, 2003 12:45AM

I would really appreciate a windows XP compatible user interface. In the classic theme the browser looks good, but in the standard xp skin it is just awfull smiling smiley And it's not really a big operation since it's just a matter of including commctrl.h and linking commctrl.lib or something (am I right?). Anyway your browser rules, let it rule on xp too winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: XP-ish user interface.
Posted by: MaxAuthority
Date: February 16, 2003 12:49AM

it can use xp themes, just download the manifest file from the "resources" section to the left, and copy it to the K-M directory

btw: you can "force" every program which uses the common controls to look like xp if you use some standard manifest file and name it like the executable and add a .manifest to the filename.

e.g. the manifest file for notepad.exe should be named notepad.exe.manifest

I hope this is correct, since I still use Win2k instead of XP and I hate the XP themes smiling smiley

Date: February 16, 2003 12:50AM
Posted by: Jaap
Date: February 16, 2003 03:56PM

Thank you, it works perfect!

One little detail is that the menubar is build up with buttons as menu-entries. But it doesn't really bother me.

Date: February 16, 2003 05:17PM

this bother me as well and therefore I deactivated the "Rebar menu plugin" and you get a standard menu bar smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.