Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
one more plugin then kmel is the best one
Posted by: HeAdLeSs
Date: February 20, 2003 09:59PM

to my mind, the plugin that allow us to block ads etc... like phoenix or mozilla is the latest feature missing in this fabulous browser. put it plz !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: one more plugin then kmel is the best one
Posted by: jsnj
Date: February 20, 2003 11:14PM

Do you mean Popup windows or banner ads? Both can be blocked in K-meleon. They are in mine. For Popup Windows control go to Edit-Preferences-Privacy-Popup Control or you can create a toolbar button through macros to block or allow them.

For Banner Ads, using a hosts file works very well for me. It blocks banner ads from all browsers and html mail without having to tweak each browser's or mail apps settings and connections. Click here to visit a website which explains how to do it and has the hosts file. It's not hard.

Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: February 21, 2003 01:24AM

I just recently tried using the HOSTS file method when I installed the latest Kaza extensions, and since then all ads are gone now, I have not seen one ad yet & used in conjunction with popup blocking, I never have to see ads again! grinning smiley

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Posted by: Andrew
Date: February 21, 2003 01:38AM

I think they are looking for a more granular solution where you can select individual sites. I think that is something we are looking at long term.

Posted by: leroy
Date: February 26, 2003 08:14AM

Editing the HOSTS file is extremely effective, especially using eDexter to replace the blocked ads. To add individual offending sites or in-page ads or banners, I use Hostess to easily edit HOSTS.Both available via links on smartin-designs at the link in janj's post.
I am very happy with the present popup blocking, and see no need to add extra to KM.
Keep it lean.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.