Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Stop Improving K-Meleon, please.
Posted by: Mike, on a pc
Date: April 09, 2003 11:45PM

Stop improving K-Meleon. K-Meleon is fine. Just Post more webpages to help newbies to change the hidden settings. This will unclutter the forum and keep us newbies occupied so we dont bug you guys, and lead a few of us to quit early and just downlaod Phoenix like some of us should have, even though K-Meleon is obviously far more efficient.

For example, i know it must be possible to retain changes in font sizes, like in Mozilla, but i cant figure out how. And adding user prefs with values for like "Font.size.variable.x-western" and ".. .fixed. .." only makes them all jumbled and inconsistent (see my post in the general forum http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=9075&t=9075 )
I dont know if its a bug, or if i am just ignorant. I would rather find out that it's me.
Stop coding, before K-Meleon gets ruined. Thanks. Please do not add any more features. You guys are awesome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stop Improving K-Meleon, please.
Posted by: asmpgmr
Date: April 10, 2003 02:33AM

Normally I ignore newbies and dummies but saying to stop improving software is really really stupid. The best way to unclutter the forums is for all of you newbies to go away. Frankly if you find using computers too complicated then you shouldn't have them in the first place. Don't post any more stupid idiotic brain-dead "stop coding" messages.

k-meleon Now!
Posted by: Mike, on a pc
Date: April 10, 2003 04:30AM

I used to think it was a kind of a sad state of affairs that the best browser for the Windows platform (K-Meleon) is virtually unknown, because its user base is comprised of only sophisticated users. But maybe its better this way. sorry 'bout my ignorance. u guys know what ur doin' --Man i am so glad i found k-meleon smiling smiley
Fine, screw da' newbies.
Just dont let me see you Post a "K-Meleon NOW!" sticker on one of your websites, cuz the World at Large obviuosly isn't ready for your ELITEST browser.
Having said that, I'm indebted to you. I withdraw my 2 cents. K-Meleon Rules! -mike

Ignore this thread
Posted by: mike and his crummy pc
Date: April 10, 2003 04:46AM

Please Remove this thread. Its all screwed up now.
The End. sad smiley

Posted by: itsr0y
Date: April 10, 2003 06:48PM

I think this is a valid request, just worded VERY badly. Mike is right - K-Meleon is NOT user-friendly. The feature I think he wants is for it to be easier to use, and also to improve the website and make it easier to find information.

Date: April 10, 2003 07:01PM

No it is not a valid request but yes it was worded badly because he is a total idiot. Requesting to stop improving software and stop coding is the height of stupidity. K-Meleon is already easy to use, the problem is too many dummies don't know what they heck they're doing. As for Mikey - you are the weakest link, goodbye.

Posted by: Al.
Date: April 10, 2003 10:58PM

Actually if Mike, and other newbies for that matter took the time to read some of the documentation then there shouldn't be any huge problems. The real trouble with newbies is, they head straight for the forum, and post without first looking around, or even doing a search on the forums first. It's true that sometimes a question hasn't already been answered, so then there is justification in asking it.

As for Mike, well maybe sitting down for five minutes and thinking about what you want to post and what questions you'd like to ask would be better than just firing off a posting and later regretting it ;-)

Posted by: MonkeeSage
Date: April 10, 2003 11:28PM

Mike:

See: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?f=1&i=9075&t=9075

I just answered your enquiry about font sizing, it can be done with a couple macros.

Shelumi`El
Jordan

S.D.G

Date: April 11, 2003 12:50AM

Al,

You're absolutely right about that but too many people (dummies) simply don't want to read documentation and complain that software is too difficult to use and it's really annoying. This sort of crap leads to software being "dumbed down" which is something I am VERY much opposed to. Why shouldn't some software be written for techie audience for a change ?? Also that moron's "stop improving, stop coding" comment really angered me especially considering the fact that I've spent time coding bug fixes and improvements for K-Meleon. Plus why would anyone NOT want software or anything else improved for the better ?!?

MonkeeSage,

I seriously doubt someone the likes of little mikey knows the difference between a macro and a big mac.

Posted by: itsr0y
Date: April 11, 2003 03:39AM

Well, I think that although K-Meleon is easy to "use" as in browse pages, to configure anything you have to go to text files, and this can frighten many people. Granted, I like using text configs, but I don't think that having an expanded preferences would be a bad thing.

I personally think that other things are more important, though....

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: April 11, 2003 10:10PM

asmpgmr - put some ice on your head and stuff something in your mouth. A pair of old shoes, maybe. Chew well.

And thanx for the compliment, Mike ;-)

Personally, I don't mind bugfixes, but I'd hate to see too many frillzy "improvements" clutter up and slow the interface I love. I agree that more thorough, clear, documentation is important, as well as a few helpful gui bits for the newbs. This browser is too good to be the exclusive property of a few elitist dikhedz - I'm not referring to what'shisname, of course - LOL . That would be as bad as the dumthunk webmeisters who write for Insidious Exposer and Nutscrape only.

Anyway, even I can admit that K-M isn't perfect... but I sure do like it. There are always the unofficial versions for the little superman types to play with.

Date: April 12, 2003 12:42AM

Arual,

You're just another idiot who doesn't understand software, I haven't made any "frillzy" as you put it changes. I fixed bugs and added useful functionality, I don't care about pretty graphics and stuff to help the clueless. About the documentation, funny it was enough that I was able to figure out how to make a dozen changes so far. Now what have you contributed ?? If you don't have anything useful to contribute then do shut up. The same goes for any other clueless idiot out there, if you don't understand software and computers then stop using them.

Posted by: C
Date: April 12, 2003 06:15PM

Man.. its just a browser! cool it guys.. people dying in the war and this is what you argue about

Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 14, 2003 03:47AM

Mike,

Don't mind asmpgmr, he likes to rant and rave from time to time and usually picks on newbies, but he's basically harmless once you get past the rants and his work on coding has been beneficial.

I suspect that when all of us see 0.8, we'll be more than pleasantly surprised.

:-)

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.