Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Remove K-meleon 1.0 Find in Page
Posted by: George
Date: July 17, 2006 03:49AM

K-meleon's 1.0 Find in Page is a pain. I like the way that K-meleon 0.9 Find in Page works.

Do not want a toolbar at the bottom for Find in Page.
I like the box that popped near the mouse arrow instead.
So you do have to move your move down to the bottom of page to type in something to search.

I do not want the found items selected instead I want to search items one by one by selecting find next.
The Find Next function is totally worthless in K-meleon 1.0 becuase of the Find in Page Function makes it unnecessary. Their is no point in pressing find next when everything is found at once.

The K-meleon 1.0 Find in Page Function have an option for people can select classic find in page as it is in 0.9 or have all the option selectable from that box. This another example of someone fixing something that is not broken.

Firefox, IE, Mozilla, Netscape, or Seamonkey do not find anything on the page using this method. They allow to search the page one by one for the item that you are searching for.

I want K-meleon 0.9 Classic Find in Page for searching for items on a Web Page.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Remove K-meleon 1.0 Find in Page
Posted by: Stephen Bus
Date: August 31, 2007 06:33PM

That feature is truly a pain. I play online games and I use keys to play these games. Every time I press a key to move my character, a message appears saying <The Link (the letter key I press) cannot be found> which delays my response. Most of these online games are Action and Shooter so I end up getting killed. So, if there is a place to place a review, I would say that K-Meleon is not the Browser to play online games. That's the reason why I stop using Mozilla FireFox; it has the same annoying problem.

Re: Remove K-meleon 1.0 Find in Page
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 31, 2007 11:39PM

@ Stephen Bus

You can turn off the automatic start of typeaheadfind by editing the browser configuration. EDIT - CONFIGURATION - BROWSER CONFIGURATION and set the filter to "find"

accessability.typeaheadfind.autostart set the value to false

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.