Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Annoying Website Block (Filter)
Posted by: P
Date: August 27, 2006 03:16PM

It would be really good if K-meleon offered the option of filtering out or blocking annoying website by url (or title text), just like it does for ad blocking. A number of popup blockers offer that option.

The option would have to be customizable so that we are able to add the sites we want to block as they would vary from user to user. It could be a quick fix, possibly using the adblocking or the userContent css file.

Great browser!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Annoying Website Block (Filter)
Posted by: c.g.
Date: August 30, 2006 10:50PM

You can already block annoying websites with the userContent.css file. Are you talking about adding toolbar button or something to do it automatically?

Posted by: P
Date: September 01, 2006 04:22PM

Hi c.g.,

I just do not know how to block websites (urls or title text) by using the userContent.css file. I can edit it. I just do not know what the appropriate script or syntax is. I am not that a programmer. I checked the Mozilla link but found no examples.

Could you or anyone give me the proper script and some examples. That would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Posted by: rolf
Date: May 14, 2011 01:04AM

P
Hi c.g.,

I just do not know how to block websites (urls or title text) by using the userContent.css file. I can edit it. I just do not know what the appropriate script or syntax is. I am not that a programmer. I checked the Mozilla link but found no examples.

Could you or anyone give me the proper script and some examples. That would be very helpful.

Thanks.
well looks like the answer is "no"
typical

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.