Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Links Toolbar
Posted by: John S Carpenter
Date: October 09, 2006 03:43PM

On my IE setup, I have one or two-letter names of my Links (branch of Favorites), and recoginze them only by the icon in the toolbar. That way I have a header of Menu shared with icons
Stop-Refresh-Home Favorites-History Mail-Edit(Source)-Full Screen Back-Forward
on the top line.

Below that I have "Links:" followed by 25 icons (and ten more down the side with the "»" tab.

Below that I have the Address: (URL) line.

With KM I have to hit Favorites, which opens a Windows Explorer page (takes a while) then Links opens a full page of Large Icons, which, admittedly goes where I wanted to go.

I'd love to see this quick-footed browser with the same instant Links Toolbar.

Under Advanced Preferences >> Favorites Toolbar it says "Enable Favorites Toolbar", which is checked (I checked it earlier). The title is "Links:". I restarted KM.

No "Links:" toolbar. Am I doing something wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Links Toolbar
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 09, 2006 04:26PM

Advanced Prefernces > IE Favorites > Favorites Toolbar >
Show button to open Favorites Menue and similar items
// I hope one of the items meets Your needs
experiment a little & You have to restart the browser for some things.

Sorry that I do not know exactly - my browser is de-AT not en-US & i do not use
many toolbars - i rather like biggers screen :-) Greetings to Maine from Hannover

Posted by: kko
Date: October 09, 2006 07:18PM

Open "View" > "Toolbars" and look for "Links" or "Favorites". Make sure it is checked.

Posted by: Rapido
Date: October 09, 2006 08:30PM

You have to click edit>preferences>plugins>mark IEFavoritesPlugin then click on Configure and enable favorites toolbar and restart browser and it should be visible for you.

Yours: Rapido

Posted by: cham
Date: October 18, 2006 01:27PM

i have my links on the favorites toolbar which is great. however there is no ">>" tab to see the rest of your links. all you can get from the toolbar is what fits in the width of the browser.

Posted by: cham
Date: October 18, 2006 02:12PM

edit, advanced preferences, ie favorites, then click on the favorites toolbar tab. check enable favorites toolbar. under that you will see:

toolbar folder:

you need to click "browse" and find your "links". close and reopen k-meleon. voila

Posted by: Craig Buck
Date: July 18, 2007 05:53PM

is there a way to eliminate the icons in this toolbar? They are eating up a lot of real estate.

In addition, in Firefox and IE, you can rename the links by right-clicking and reorder them by dragging and dropping. How do you do these things in K-Meleo?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.