Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Download Resume Feature
Posted by: CJ
Date: October 18, 2006 03:30PM

I don't know if this has been requested before, but it would be nice if the Browser downloader had a resume feature incorporated into it as the one that is in Firefox or something similar to it. Maybe I should be asking, if this could be done???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Download Resume Feature
Posted by: Narcose
Date: November 02, 2006 08:07AM

yeah i do miss the download manager in firefox but other than that I love K-meleon

Posted by: noel-pg2
Date: November 22, 2006 07:02PM

wow. I'm a little surprised Kmeleon is lacking a "resume" feature for downloads. why not include the resume feature from Opera web browsers? the resume feature of Opera works better than the resume feature from Firefox.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 02, 2006 07:14AM

K-Meleon allows you to set up external download managers (some of which have resume features). One that I like is called Wackget. Look in the Wiki for more information and a few good choices. For Wackget, see below:

In Menus.cfg
# ----- Document Elements

Link{
%ifplugin layers
layers(OpenLink,Open In Ne&w Layer)
layers(OpenLinkBg,Open In Bac&kground Layer)
-
%endif
Open In &New Window=ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_NEW_WINDOW
Open In Back&ground Window=ID_OPEN_LINK_IN_BACKGROUND
-
bookmarks(AddLink,Add Link To &Bookmarks)
favorites(AddLink,Add Link To Fa&vorites)
hotlist(AddLink,Add Link To H&otlist)
&Save Link Target As...=ID_SAVE_LINK_AS
macros(SaveLink, Save Link As...)
macros(wackget, Download by wackget)
%ifplugin macros
:Op&en Link Target With
%endif
-
!LinkSelection

In Macros.cfg

wackget{
menu = "Download by wackget";
exec("tools\\Wackget.exe " . $LinkURL);
}

You must place the wackget files in a sub-folder under the main K-meleon folder which normally is C:\Program Files\K-Meleon. I have used a sub-folder called Tools, which is a choice used in the past for all kinds of externals apps that people have loaded up in K-Meleon.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2006 07:15AM by ndebord.

Posted by: norse
Date: December 26, 2006 05:13PM

almost the same but......new DEFAULT built in (not by plugin) download manager I wish all downloads are put in one window like in ff/opera and most important the ability to resume paused/broken downloads It is especilly helpfull when u download huge files and when it breaks or exit u should have a chance to resume it .Thats all ,the browser except of this issue is nearly perfect (for me) i'll try this plugin posted by ndebord lets see .Oh one more yhing Wackget is outside program which open new tray/new application thats why I typed NEW default built in manager
take care .I love this browser anyways keep up good work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2006 05:19PM by norse.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 31, 2006 01:37AM

Norse,

Ah, didn't realized you were talking about the default builtin stuff in KM. Some of the defaults that GECKO has come up with over the years don't particularly suit my needs, so I am in the habit of loading up external apps, like Cookie Monster and GUL (Bookmarks) and of course, Wackget to do these basic tasks better, or at least I think they do it better.

<sigh>

N

Posted by: omid
Date: January 15, 2008 01:04PM

thanks

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.