Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Bookmarks Plugin Mod Request
Posted by: Peabody
Date: November 22, 2006 04:30AM

As I reported in another thread, when using the bookmarks plugin, a minor usability nuisance is the dialog message that appears when exiting K-M asking me if I want K-M to update the shared bookmarks file. I understand the need for the message as a safety valve. However, I would like to see the dialog modified such that end-users can enable a check box such that the message no longer appears. Something like "Do not ask me again."

My reasoning is that any person who is using a shared bookmarks file via the bookmarks plugin, should be informed enough to know that K-M and the other browser do not necessarily maintain the exact same data in that file. Those users should be allowed to disable this dialog box.

If a new dialog box is not feasible, then how about at least allowing users to manually disable the dialog through a prefs.js setting? Something like:

user_pref("kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.exitwarning", false);

A couple of lines in the browser source code to check this setting and the message is disabled. In this example the default setting would be true, of course.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.