Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
A General Wish List
Posted by: Peabody
Date: November 22, 2006 07:03AM

I don't know the developer's schedule nor do I know what is on the agenda. I have mentioned some of the following requests in other threads. So please accept this list as merely a wish list. I am aware that there are only 24 hours in a day and developers have lives too. smiling smiley

1. The ability to colorize the tab text: a) page loading color, 2) page loaded color, 3) page unread color, etc. Include the ability to use rich text (bold, italics) too.

2. The ability to colorize status bar text.

3. Combine the Reload and Stop buttons. In all the years of using browsers I never have understood the need for separate buttons, which wastes precious toolbar space.

4. Drag-and-drop reordering of tabs.

5. Remember the page search criteria when moving from one Layer to another. End-users should be able to simply press the F3 button and repeat the search.

6. Improve the undo closed tabs feature with a drop-down list. Users could use the History list to retrieve previously closed pages, but a pick list is much nicer and faster. I think this could be done easiest by displaying the last several pages in the View/History menu. A really nice option would be to add a toolbar drop-down list button to the Window/Layers toolbar. However, end-users will need a Preferences option to set the number of URLs to remember.

7. Delete the about:blank in the URL bar and label a blank tab/layer as "Blank." Cosmetic---but more professional looking.

8. Allow users to configure the Home button to open in a new layer/tab. (part of 1.1)

9. Provide a prefs.js option so that K-M ignores the tool tip text for toolbar buttons. The only other solution is manually editing the toolbars.cfg, which is not user-friendly for typical end-users. Not user-friendly for experienced users either because of the manual labor involved.

10. Provide a way to disable the tool tips for tabs. Some people will like this option and some won't. I'm in the latter group. smiling smiley

11. K-M should not create an empty Profiles\default directory in the program directory when the user is using the AppData location to store the profile.

12. The Advanced Preferences tool should not be creating a xul.mfl file in the K-M program directory.

13. Session restore should remember which layer had the focus.

14. Provide a JavaScript white list.

15. Provide an HTTP Referrer white list.

16. Provide a hotkey option to select the first text box in a form without the user needing JavaScript enabled.

17. Individual close buttons on each tab.

18. Right-click pop-up menus for bookmarks, such as Copy Link URL.

19. Duplicate an open tab.

Overall I am quite pleased with K-M. These are requests, not demands. Therefore please accept this list in the spirit they are intended.

I am available for testing should any of these features be implemented.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A General Wish List
Posted by: guenter
Date: November 22, 2006 02:55PM

2. more devs - and several more senior user that help are my wishes.

Re: A General Wish List
Posted by: Dissel
Date: December 12, 2006 12:16AM

1 more wish...hope no one post it.

A spell-checker like firefox 2....a really strong enough.
It is defiantly helpful for writing online....like forum posting.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.