Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
divx and wmv
Posted by: Heelix
Date: July 10, 2007 11:31AM

Hi

I have been using k-meleon since i moved from IE back in the days. I have never had any problems with this excellent browser.

I recently moved over to ubuntu because of my dislike in Windows, but found myself beating my head against the wall when i got stuck with Firefox (talk about a monolith and dont even mention the start-up time) so now i am back to windows and my beloved k-meleon and other basic utils that i am used to.

Now to my question:

Now when i installed the latest version of k-meleon, i find myself lost on how to add plug-ins to view divx and wmv streams. I know that i had it working just before my brief switch to linux.

In linux i used the firefox plugin mediaplayer connectivity, but i am almost certain that this is not needed with K-meleon in windows, or am i wrong. Nay way i cant get mediaplayer connectivity to work in k-meleon either so if someone could assist/help me in solving my small dilemma i would be very appreciative.

streaming divx files from pages as stage6.com and wmv files from other such places.

Thanks in advance,
Heelix

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: divx and wmv
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 11, 2007 04:33AM

Enable ActiveX for Windows Media Player adapted by Fred, Alain Aupeix & SimpleInventor that is the easiest solution I know.

Normaly K-Meleon should offer to call Your default player for the media type.

Posted by: El Guapo
Date: July 12, 2007 05:36PM

guenter what about for Quicktime?

Posted by: guenter
Date: July 14, 2007 04:47PM

QuickTime 7.1.3 can be installed; That has a Netscape plugin available. Info found via Mozilla plugindoc

p. s. I am not using it anymore because it uses many resources.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2007 04:58PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.