Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Hide Toolbar menus.
Posted by: caktus
Date: September 14, 2007 09:04PM

A function I would like to see added to KM, or at least would like to see in the final version of KM is the ability to hide toolbar menus as with IE. That is, the ability to drag a spacer to hide the menus, leaving a little tab on which to click so that the menus become visible in a drop-down list.

I realize that KM already has the feature to hide/unhide the menus by dragging the spacers. But KM is lacking a feature to temporarily [UN]hide them on the fly. If this feature were added, it could make way for much more room for customising the toolbar.

But if such would noticably slow KM I certainly could live w/o it.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hide Toolbar menus.
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 15, 2007 08:56PM

Nice idea.

p. s. Something similar already exists - AFAIK jsnj created it for 0.9.

Some skins still have it for example Blau and Silber.

These 2 skins are available at K-Meleon Extension page. They include a button at the end of the Main Tool Bar that contains a compacted menu. This menue can be unfolded by a right click (K-Ninja uses that button also).

This subsequent code placed at the end of any toolbars.cfg would give You a button called "Options". And menue that opens a compact menu on right click.

Options{
Options{
ID_PREFERENCES|Compact Menu
View Preferences. Right-click to view Compact Menu.

}

}

You can combine the use of this button with the option of Advanced Perfernces that lets You hide the normal menus ( sets user_pref("kmeleon.toolband.Menu.visibility", true); from true to false).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2007 01:33AM by guenter.

Date: September 17, 2007 09:16AM

Thanks guenter

D/L'd Blau and Silber and unzipped to C\Programs\K-Meleon. Seems all I managed to accomplish was aquiring the images of Blau and Silber

When I go to C\Programs\K-Meleon these two items don't exist. However, when I do a search for them they do exist along with Chromed, Componants, Default, Extinsions,
Skins > Silber, Greprefs, Kplugins, Macros, Plugins, Profiles, Res, Skins, Tools, you probably get the rest of the picture. It almost seems that they exist in theory but not in fact. But then a distinct possibility is that I just don't understand just what I need to do to turn my goal here into a reality.

My attempted use of the "subsequent code", etc. didn't seem to work out either.

Appearantly I need help if I'm to make this work out. If I can't get it worked out, it's really no big deal. Would just be a "nice to have" feature.

Thanks

Charlie

Date: September 17, 2007 01:05PM

Got the Skins worked out. But tended to be unstable for some reason. Wound up having to remove KM and reinstall. Guess I'm better off stiking with what seems to be working for me.

Charlie

Date: September 18, 2007 12:26PM

Guess something happened with the skins when alain's page was down recently.

I placed 5 skins with Compact Menue Buttons at Rapid share.

http://rapidshare.com/files/56537021/skins.zip.html

Unpack and copy into place. They are adapted for my use not original!
Always check with virus scaner with newest signatures (though I did also You are newer sure nowadays / & I could be a bady winking smiley

Date: September 18, 2007 05:31PM

Thanks guenter,

These skins seem to be loading just fine. I'll see if I can get one of them to work the way I'd like.

Charlie

Date: September 19, 2007 06:47AM

While I am still able to hide Toolbar menus by draging the spacer, I am still UNable to "leave a little tab on which to click so that the menus become visible in a drop-down list.

Thanks.

Charlie

Date: September 19, 2007 01:35PM

Toolbar Meneus can be also hidden by deactivation via Advanced Prefs: ToolBar options. The problem seems to me that this main menus hide/unhide needs a restart.

If they were normal items in toolbar.cfg maybe a toggle button was possible?
Normal toobar items can be un/hidden at runtime.
That is what I thought as possible path for long but I have no idea where 2 start.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.