Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Spell checking like in Seamonkey and Firefox
Posted by: dpcdpc11
Date: September 18, 2007 08:32AM

spending a lot of time on forums makes me use Seamonkey more than K-meleon cause it has integrated spell checking.
This feature would be great to have it in K-meleon as well and not the kind that Opera uses[Aspell] but the kind that Firefox and Seamonkey uses.
and another feature that i suggest is regarding the advanced preferences panel... you really must add a 'Cancel' and 'Ok' maybe even a 'Apply' buttons.
and for some reason the change from one category of options to another is really slow... that would be great to fix too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Spell checking like in Seamonkey and Firefox
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 18, 2007 12:35PM
Date: September 18, 2007 01:14PM

i know about the aspell macro... thats the same way Opera uses Aspell to spell check... and i dont like it... the way firefox and Sm spell checks is the best way cause it's direct and i dont have to go Rclick and choose from the menu: Spell check with aspell.
and about this macro... are u kiddin me bro?!? opening a command prompt windows and stuff... plus... it made my k-meleon stop respondig.
this macro doesnt even compares it self with the intergrated Firefox spell check.
hope the same spell check system could be implemented into the future K-meleon version.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: September 18, 2007 05:24PM

Actually, there is no other way to make spell checking.

It's normal that k-meleon is not responding, as it waits for aspell session end. When you close Aspell, K-Meleon is now ok.

I agree it's not the better way, but for now, there is no other way.

I'm making the oem-utf8 conversion needed for languages with accent like french, spanish, german, ...

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: September 18, 2007 07:24PM

i don't know how the firefox or seamonkey developers did it... but they found a way... i'm not a dev and i don't know squat about programing but i guess it's pretty hard to do this.
but rather than use the aspell methond for spell checking... i'm sticking to seamonkey when it comes to write something on forums and stuff.
hope the spell checking will be implemented into K-meleon natively.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.