Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
a new bookmark manager
Posted by: dpcdpc11
Date: September 18, 2007 11:39AM

something similar to Firefox... so the user could import/export bookmarks from/to Html files.
i always like to export my bookmarks to a Html from time to time as a backup method.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a new bookmark manager
Posted by: guenter
Date: September 18, 2007 12:41PM

K-Meleon makes automatic backup of bookmarks.html as bookmarks_backup.html.
You can also navigate to Your profile load Your bookmarks.html as a normal html file
(that is possible!) and then save it somewhere. A profile backup exists at extension page.

Posted by: dpcdpc11
Date: September 18, 2007 01:04PM

thanks for clearing that out...that works for me... but it's not to friendly and obious for a regular user.

Posted by: desga2
Date: September 23, 2007 01:10PM

You can use others tools for this, look at;
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/ExternalApplications#bookmarks

Posted by: bbull
Date: October 18, 2007 12:35PM

I second your suggestion, dpdcpc11. A bookmark manager similar to IE's or Firefox would make adding a bookmark much simpler. Right now if I want to add a single bookmark the entire navigation tree of bookmark folders that I have opens up. ALL OF THEM! I have to scroll down thru many bookmark folders to find the particular subfolder within a subfolder that the bookmark should be categorized in. Then I have to Edit the new bookmark to place it in the correct position within the bookmark subfolder list (let's say I'm grouping within a game folder and want to concentrate all bookmarks from a single website together in the list but not in another new folder).

If I'm doing this incorrectly (or if there's any better way) please let me know, I'd be grateful. I like K-Meleon but this feature seems like a commitee of managers designed it.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.