Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
quick save pictures ?
Posted by: john
Date: November 23, 2007 04:30PM

Hi,
I love to use kmeleon to browse websites with lots of pictures, it's just super fast.
But when saving some pictures, I have to use mouse rightclick, and save as,.....
Is there any way to simplify these steps? like auto save by drag and drop? Or any shortcut key?

Any idea will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: quick save pictures ?
Posted by: kko
Date: November 23, 2007 04:46PM

That's pretty simple. Open Edit > Configuration > Accelerators and paste the following line:

ALT RBUTTON = ID_SAVE_IMAGE_AS

After restarting km, you can then save an image by Alt-right-clicking it.

Posted by: john
Date: November 24, 2007 12:48AM

Thanks kko. That works great! Is there possible to use drag and drop?

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 24, 2007 05:53PM

john
Is there possible to use drag and drop?

Drag&drop? Over what would you do it? smiling smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2007 05:54PM by desga2.

Posted by: kko
Date: November 24, 2007 06:30PM

smiling smiley I asked myself the same question. Where would you want to drop images?

Well, when your browser window isn't maximized (mine usually is), it suggests itself to drop them onto the desktop. I tried that and it works indeed. It also works with folders (Windows Explorer). Just try it yourself...

Posted by: jk--
Date: November 28, 2007 11:42PM

kko
smiling smiley I asked myself the same question. Where would you want to drop images?

Well, when your browser window isn't maximized (mine usually is), it suggests itself to drop them onto the desktop. I tried that and it works indeed. It also works with folders (Windows Explorer). Just try it yourself...

hmm I get a file, but it's 0 bytes.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 29, 2007 12:08AM

I tried the drag and drop ( left mouse button ) and pulled a jpg picture to my desktop. That worked just fine. I can click on the image icon and open the picture. I also was able to use the copy image menu item and paste the image into a word document. That menu item is only available if the image is a link. I wonder if it could be made available if the image is not a link?

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 29, 2007 10:59AM

This work fine in 1.1.2, you can do rigth click in any image and select 'Copy image' option in context menu. After this i can pasted the image in a word document.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.