Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Icons on favorites
Posted by: CoMiKe
Date: November 27, 2007 02:39AM

Hi!

I've recently downloaded K-Meleon, and I found it VERY interesting.

I've been a Maxthon user since a couple of years, and I was looking for a fast Gecko alternative.

K-Meleon looks great on all aspects, and it's loaded of useful features.

I've not deeply tested it, but this is what I'm missing as of now:

Icons on favorites toolbar: In IE / Maxthon, my "Links" toolbar contains a set of section folders, and they contain the actual links to web pages.

Each folder has its own representative icon, and almost every link has also associated a favicon. Check the following pictures:

Maxthon Classic showing favicons all over.

K-Meleon: No icons on favourites. sad smiley

Would it be possible to show that icons on the K-Meleon "Links" toolbar?
That icons are very useful, you should try it yourself with your own sections!

Menu spacing: You can also realize in that pictures that K-Meleon has little spacing between every menu item on favorites.

Is there any way to increase the menu item spacing? If possible, without increasing the icons size on menus!

Thanks in advance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2007 02:39AM by CoMiKe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Icons on favorites
Posted by: JamesD
Date: November 27, 2007 02:54AM

Try EDIT - PREFERENCES - K-MELEON PLUGINS - IE FAVORITES and look at the tab for favorites bar. I don't use the bar myself, but all the options KM has are there. My memory is not the best, but I think I have seen information in forum that we do not use favicons.

Re: Icons on favorites
Posted by: CoMiKe
Date: November 27, 2007 03:10AM

Thanks, JamesD!

If checked all options, but my favicons don't show in the toolbar.

Anyway, I must say that all icons have been associated by me.

I've manually downloaded all favicons and stored them in a favicon folder, then I've assigned it to every favorite link. Same for favorite folders.

So this has nothing to do with Maxthon or Internet Explorer, if you ask me. smiling smiley

To work as I expect, K-Meleon should read the desktop.ini file to show folder icons, and read every link file (*.url) for link icons.

Hope it can be done! It's useful (although it may sound a little geek). grinning smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.