Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Schicht schließen Kreuz
Posted by: Eugen Mezei
Date: February 11, 2008 12:59AM

Die einzelnen Schichten können geschlossen werden, wenn man mit der rechten Maustaste auf sie klickt und dann "Schicht schließen" auswählt. Alternativ auch mit CTRL+F4. Leider kann mich mich an beides nicht gewöhnen. (Ersteres geht mir zu langsam, zweites vergesse ich immer.)

Was ich suche wäre ein Skin welches wie der gute alte Netscape in der Leiste jeder Schicht einen Button anfügt auf dem man nur einmal mit der linken Maustaste klickt und schon ist die Schicht weg. Ist im NS ein Kreuz.

Eugen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Schicht schließen Kreuz
Date: February 11, 2008 01:03AM

Ich weiß, daß es auch einen Button "Schicht schließen" gibt, dieser schließt aber immer nur die aktive Schicht, sind also schon wieder 2 Schritte. Ich würde einfach in der Leiste die nicht benötigte (gerade auch nicht aktive) Schicht anklicken wollen und dann soll sie direkt verschwinden.

Eugen

Posted by: Fred
Date: February 11, 2008 04:19AM

Ich wuerde mal einen Doppelclick auf den Layer (die Schicht) versuchen.
Das schliesst den Layer.

I would try to double-click a layer to close it.
(to help all non-german speakers)

Fred

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 11, 2008 12:16PM

I think that Eugen like close inactive layers (without focus), is it?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2008 12:16PM by desga2.

Posted by: Fred
Date: February 11, 2008 02:36PM

As far as I understand it, he wants an x cross for each layer
like in earlier Netscape. This could be replaced fully by the
double click on a layer.
A different thing would be the right click option "close other layers"
which is also already implemented.

Fred

Posted by: kko
Date: February 11, 2008 04:08PM

desga2
I think that Eugen like close inactive layers (without focus), is it?

I think so, too. This is already implemented in km 1.5 where you can use double/middle/right clicks to close tabs. No dedicated close button, however.

Date: February 12, 2008 12:32AM

Thanks for the tip with the doubleclick. It does not solve my problem but I didn't know about it so I learned something new.
The problem with this doubleclickmethod is, that I first need to click to the inactive layer to get it active. So I have to click 3 times.

The solution mentioned by kko for km1.5 comes nearer to my needs.
I still would like to have the Netscape approach as I find that one as the most nothinking method, pretty reflex movement.
Is this essentially impossible to implement or its that just nobody thinked about it?

Eugen

Date: February 12, 2008 04:53PM

Eugen Mezei
I still would like to have the Netscape approach as I find that one as the most nothinking method, pretty reflex movement.

It's not a question of thinking or reflex movement, it's just a question of what you're used to. smiling smiley

Eugen Mezei
Is this essentially impossible to implement or its that just nobody thinked about it?

This was requested before. But not everbody is liking this approach. To me personally it's more efficient to close layers/tabs by clicking the related buttons directly rather than having to hit a button on the button which is wasting valuable screen space...

Date: February 13, 2008 03:56AM

kko, it is interesting I first formulated the sentence exactly like you but then I asked myself is it just that I am used it that way or is that reflex movement based on movements I use as following the logic of the system. (Is this sentence understandable at all?) At the end I came to the conclusion that I am used to that not by learned that in other browsers but as logic of the entire Win9x userinterface logic.
And... maybe the Mac mices (I always hated that single button approach) where not so wrong I thought. In fact 95% of my clicks are with the left mousebutton and I want it to keep that.

That the crosses take up spaces always bothered me in Netscape, but I still prefere that approach. That was why I asked for a skin. So e.g. I can pick a skin with the crosses and you one without and everybody will be happy. But I must say I have no much insight in the function of KM so maybe some of you can tell me if this closing crosses must be "hardwired" or could they be just an option that you implement in some skins and not in other?

Eugen

Date: February 13, 2008 11:42AM

@Eugen: Don't mind, I guess I understood what it's all about. I had already filed a request for improvement to our bug tracker. (Yes, it must be "hardwired".)

Date: February 18, 2008 09:20PM

Thank you for filling out the request.
What do you mean by "the website icon"? Do you mean that icon where that green animal throws flames? We have a single button with wich we could close the active layer already, so if I understand you correctly than the website icon would do the same thing.

Eugen

Date: February 18, 2008 09:32PM

Ach, und wenn wir schon dabei sind: Die vor- und zurück Knöpfe könnten so ein Dropdownmenü erhalten damit man direkt mehrere Schritte zurückspringen kann. Ist im IE so implementiert. KM hat das auch, allerdings hier wieder über rechte Maustaste.
Sind allerdings wünsche die Zeit haben und ihr Einbau sollte nicht den Ressourcenhunger von KM vermehren.

Eugen

Posted by: scanner
Date: March 01, 2008 05:41AM

K-Melon kann noch was viel tolleres. Drück mal auf so einen Knopf und lass den Finger unten.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.