Scroll tabs
Posted by: jmz2
Date: May 11, 2008 04:39PM

I paste this from my topic on the general forum. I think this feature would be very usefull.

I refer to the following:

Imagine that you have 30 tabs open. They do not display all together in the window of K-meleon because they do not fit. So k-meleon shows only (lets say) 10 tabs, they are the first 10 tabs from left to right.

Now imagine you want to show on the windows from tabs 15 to 25 (for example), this is: you want to have in top of your browsing area tabs 15-25 while you are browsing. What can you do to achieve this?

Firefox implements 2 buttoms (one on the left and one on the right) at the end of the tabs panel, each button allows you to move the tabs (scroll them). BTW, IE also has this feature, just checked it.

Hope I made myself clear. Many thanks for your help.

Re: Scroll tabs
Posted by: D555
Date: June 01, 2008 05:33AM

and horizontal scroll bar would be better with that !!!

Posted by: caktus
Date: June 10, 2008 06:39PM

You may be able to go to Edit > Preferences > Tabbed Browsing category > Tab Bar tab > reduce Min. Button Width. Then close (including the Loader) and reopen KM.
I however, I have had as many as 72 tabs open, and after about 20 tabs, it just opens an additional tab bar.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 10, 2008 07:32PM

72 tabs open! :O

Do you know many p0rn pages? :B
Are you searching mp3? grinning smiley

Sorry caktus, it's only a joke. tongue sticking out smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: caktus
Date: June 11, 2008 07:26PM

desga2
72 tabs open! surprised smiley

I wanted to see how many active tabs could be loaded in KM before KM became unstable or ate up all my 256MB of memory. (IE 6 maxed out at 30 windows) All tabs had loaded pages, most with Flash. I simply got bored and gave up at 72. I think it was KM 1.1.2 and it passed with flying colors. smiling smiley

I realize there is a big difference between tabs and windows. But I don't consider it particularly important as with KM I use tabs almost exclusively.

BTW, about the only thing I use IE for now is Windows Update and Housecall scans.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.