Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Spellchecker
Posted by: panzer
Date: July 13, 2010 07:13AM

JujuLand
Can you give the km version affected by this problem?
Can you have a look to the console (Tools > Console) and report the possible errors or warnings ?

I personnaly use spellchecker with 1.5.4 without problem, except the kml file which isn't rightly encoded (ANSI instead of UTF-8) which is a problem for menus (incorrect with accent and or some particular caracters)

A+

Km 1.5.4. portable version. I deleted K-Ext110_SpellCheck.exe from my HD. Do you know where can I get it to try once more?

Btw, I cannot download it from your page.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 07:26AM by panzer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 13, 2010 09:24AM

Curious, even I have begun to update versions of the setups, and some aren't avalaible, this one is ok

Here is the direct address :

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/jujuland46/K-Meleon/KMES210/K-Ext(1.1-1.5-1.6)_SpellCheck(0.3.0.0).exe

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: July 13, 2010 03:29PM

before I installed SpellChecker, I found 2 errors in console:

Error: Invalid expression.
;
$_dest_path=getfolder(R
I:\Km\macros\profilebackup.kmm Line: 12

Error: ) expected but found ;
I:\Km\macros\linksextractor.kmm Line: 11

After installation I opened the Km twice and all was OK. But then I saw that profilebackup was almost empty (deleted somehow). I tried to open Km and same problem occured every time I opened it.

Then I deleted Km and copied the version I used version before I installed SC. Same problem - but SC was not installed on that version! I unzipped profilebackup-portable again. those two errors are still there, but (for now) all is OK.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 03:31PM by panzer.

Date: July 13, 2010 04:16PM

I think bad sectors on my USB are to blame.

Posted by: caktus
Date: July 14, 2010 08:08PM

@ JujuLand

Ctrl* does nothing.
Alt* opens the "Choose the Dictionaries Folder" dialogue and I select the Dictionaries folder and restart KM but still Spell Checker does not work.

I have both en-US.dic and en-US.aff in the dictionaries folder of the KM direcory. In previous versions of KM, a red line would appear under mis-spelled words and when I would right click on the mis-spelled word and select "Spell
Checker" from the context menu I would be offered spelling options but with 1.5.4 selecting Spell Checker does nothing.

I have installed and reinstalled the spellcheck.7z files to the correct locations many times but the problem persists.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: August 04, 2010 08:08PM

Charly,

I use spellchecker with 1.5.4 since the beginning, with no problem. The reason isn't due to K-Meleon 1.54, but probably to other reason. Errors in other extension ?

Have you had a look to the console ?

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Posted by: ndebord
Date: August 22, 2010 11:23PM

JujuLand
Charly,

I use spellchecker with 1.5.4 since the beginning, with no problem. The reason isn't due to K-Meleon 1.54, but probably to other reason. Errors in other extension ?

Have you had a look to the console ?

A+

Juju,

I too have spellcheck loaded up in KM 1.5.4 and I get the red line, but the dictionary doesn't pop up. It looks to my uneducated eye that all the elements are located in their proper sub-folders, but no dictionary pops up. On my system KEIH installed spellcheck dictionaries in C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\dictionaries.

Can't verify if the KMM file actually looks there for the dictionary file.

Don't know what you mean by looking to the console?

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2010 11:44PM by ndebord.

Posted by: siria
Date: August 23, 2010 12:01AM

ndebord
installed spellcheck dictionaries in C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\dictionaries.

No idea if it matters, but the kmm looks for Dictionaries...

Date: August 23, 2010 01:47AM

siria
ndebord
installed spellcheck dictionaries in C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\dictionaries.

No idea if it matters, but the kmm looks for Dictionaries...

Siria,

Yes it does, but where does it look? No absolute path listed and I can't figure out from the coding how it finds the dictionaries. My bad, as I'm most defintely not a coder. <sigh>

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2010 01:47AM by ndebord.

Date: August 23, 2010 06:58AM

Oh...
Could give you a few tips, since there IS a path macro in the kmm, but if it's not too urgent Alain can certainly do that better ;-) For now I just meant you could try if it helps to manually rename your "dictionaries" folder into "Dictionaries" (what the macro looks for), OR rename it the other way around inside the kmm. But perhaps it depends from the system, whether "d" or "D" matters or not...

If you had picked a custom path (provided the dll creates a path-setting entry in the menu?), you can find that path in about:config, if you filter for "spellcheck"
(PS: "rootfolder" just means the folder where KM is installed)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2010 07:03AM by siria.

Date: August 23, 2010 07:00AM

Dictionaries uses a pref which isn't set when default folder is used. I think it's by default in the kplugins.

When setting in another folder, there is a new pref which is called :

kmeleon.plugins.spelltest.dictDir

Try to set it to another folder to see if pref is created, and dictionary is used.

You can also try to create the pref with c:\\Program Files\\K-Meleon\\Dictionaries, to see if it solves your problem.

A+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2010 07:02AM by JujuLand.

Date: August 23, 2010 01:37PM

siria
Oh...
Could give you a few tips, since there IS a path macro in the kmm, but if it's not too urgent Alain can certainly do that better ;-) For now I just meant you could try if it helps to manually rename your "dictionaries" folder into "Dictionaries" (what the macro looks for), OR rename it the other way around inside the kmm. But perhaps it depends from the system, whether "d" or "D" matters or not...

If you had picked a custom path (provided the dll creates a path-setting entry in the menu?), you can find that path in about:config, if you filter for "spellcheck"
(PS: "rootfolder" just means the folder where KM is installed)

Siria,

As simple as changing dictionaries to Dictionaries? Who knew? <sound of palm slapping forehead>

<weak grin>

N

Date: August 23, 2010 01:40PM

JujuLand
Dictionaries uses a pref which isn't set when default folder is used. I think it's by default in the kplugins.

When setting in another folder, there is a new pref which is called :

kmeleon.plugins.spelltest.dictDir

Try to set it to another folder to see if pref is created, and dictionary is used.

You can also try to create the pref with c:\\Program Files\\K-Meleon\\Dictionaries, to see if it solves your problem.

A+

Alain,

I used default settings for all... so no new pref for kmelon.plugins. The absolute path pref also would not be needed because of the default, BUT as Siria said, changing the name of the dictionaries sub-folder to Dictionaries fixed it.

(Ain't MR BILL's Windows a fun Operating System??)

Thanks much, I can now forget to use the spell checker and go on to misspell everything as much as I always have!

N

Date: August 23, 2010 06:59PM

ndebord
changing the name of the dictionaries sub-folder to Dictionaries fixed it.

Thanks much, I can now forget to use the spell checker and go on to misspell everything as much as I always have!

*confused* Hum, okay, I'm lost... ;-)
Is it fixed or not, if yes why can you forget it??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2010 07:12PM by siria.

Date: August 23, 2010 10:51PM

siria
ndebord
changing the name of the dictionaries sub-folder to Dictionaries fixed it.

*confused* Hum, okay, I'm lost... ;-)
Is it fixed or not, if yes why can you forget it??

Siria,

Sorry, bad American, self-deprecating humor here. We tend to do corny jokes where I come from and this one most definiately qualifies as that. It works just fine, IF I remember to use it, that is. <g>

N

Date: August 23, 2010 11:35PM

*click* Ah I see, thanx!
It sounded a bit like "Forget about it, it doesnt work anyway" grinning smiley
Especially after complaining about Mr. Bill right before tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2010 11:37PM by siria.

Date: August 24, 2010 03:04AM

siria
*click* Ah I see, thanx!
It sounded a bit like "Forget about it, it doesnt work anyway" grinning smiley
Especially after complaining about Mr. Bill right before tongue sticking out smiley

Siria,

Ah yes, MR BILL.... so many bloated OS releases, so much money spent on new computers to run it. sad smiley

N

Date: September 17, 2010 06:44PM

(hat sich erledigt ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 07:41PM by siria.

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 17, 2010 07:39PM

wo tongue sticking out smiley

p.s. danke.

Date: December 27, 2010 10:14PM

JujuLand

The default path and Dir name is set as pref in line-20 of SpellCheck.kmm :cool:
$__DictPath==""?$__DictPath=getfolder(RootFolder)."\\Dictionaries":0;

Am currently playing a bit with spellchecking stuff while testing KM16beta and 17alpha, so noticed the 1.6 contains a folder "dictionaries" out of the box, but the kmm looks for a folder "Dictionaries". Yes I know the macro doesn't work anyway yet in KM1.6, but suppose it will be updated...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2010 10:16PM by siria.

Date: December 27, 2010 11:45PM

siria
Am currently playing a bit with spellchecking stuff while testing KM16beta and 17alpha, so noticed the 1.6 contains a folder "dictionaries" out of the box, but the kmm looks for a folder "Dictionaries". Yes I know the macro doesn't work anyway yet in KM1.6, but suppose it will be updated...

Windows is not case sensitive d=D.
Spelltest.dll & macro does not work with 1.6/1.7.

I tried to compile with sdk1.9.1, But no luck I have 6 or so errors and it stops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2010 10:55AM by guenter.

Date: January 13, 2011 05:15PM
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.