Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Layers
Posted by: DasFox
Date: July 31, 2008 11:31PM

Is there a way to make the names that appear for the domain names in the layers, just have it resort to saying the first name only, without a full name and the dots... ?

Here is a screenshot of the idea for the naming:

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=99593867pk3.jpg

I personally thinking just seeing the first part of a name or the name only and not a lot added on at the ends make for a cleaner interface, and simple enough to understand where you are.

Also would it be to much to code a close button in the upper right hand corner of the layers without adding weight to K-Meleon so users can just click and close a layer, rather then double clicking it, or going to the upper right of the browser and clicking it closed from there...

THANKS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Layers
Posted by: desga2
Date: August 01, 2008 12:09AM

In F2 (Advanced Preferences in 1.1.X) you can set the layers button width:
GUI Apparence -> Toolbars -> Layers Toolbar
But i believe that you like says it work as Bookmarks toolbar:
GUI Apparence -> Toolbars -> Bookmarks Toolbar
Where you can found an option to set title size (Toolbar Button Width) in characters.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2008 12:09AM by desga2.

Date: August 01, 2008 12:41AM

Well I'm playing with it, but I'm not getting what I was impylying...

Here we are on kmeleon.sourceforge.net.

Since this is K-Meleon Improvement requests section of the forum that is being loaded into the layer showing me on this page looking like this in the layer:

K-Meleon :: K-...

How would you make the layers just show only K-Meleon?

My request was to make the layers just show one word of the URL you are on...

THANKS

Date: August 01, 2008 12:46AM

Ok I see what you are saying now, but this does not work to what I'm making a suggestion about.

No matter what size a user sets the layer width to, there will always be extra words in there, so matter how small or big the width you're still going to see words appearing like this:

K-Meleon :: K-...

OR

K-Me...

What I'm saying is you're always going to get words with dots... :::

What I suggested was it would be nice if the layers could be coded to only pick up one word and place it in the layer so it would look neat and easy to read, like this for example:

K-Meleon
Gmail
MySpace
Photobucket

Granted there are some websites with pretty big names, so maybe this is impossible to do...

THANKS again...

Posted by: kko
Date: August 01, 2008 07:37AM

The layer buttons display the title of the document. The document title is defined by the pages that you are viewing, not by the browser.

Posted by: desga2
Date: August 01, 2008 09:48AM

@ kko:
Might this (web page title) changed with a User-Defined StyleSheet (a .css file) or a InjectJS in macro?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: kko
Date: August 01, 2008 09:58AM

Style sheets only affect the style (appearance), not the content. Using injectJS you could manipulate the document title, however.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 01, 2008 03:59PM

Changing the document title at OnLoad does not work. KM has already read the title into the tab or layer title.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.