Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Roboform support
Posted by: NeilF
Date: September 24, 2008 12:51PM

As a Firefox user, I have some 300 passwords and forms stored on Roboform, which I cannot use with K-meleon.

What is the chance that Roboform will be supported in the future?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Roboform support
Posted by: desga2
Date: September 24, 2008 05:16PM

Roboform is available to 1.1.X versions and currently it's adapting to work in current 1.5 version. Look in Extensions Page.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: September 24, 2008 05:18PM

You can use without problem the actual version with 1.1.x, but the new is better.

For 1.5, you must wait I finish to prepare the webpage.

It will be a little bit longer than I said, but I think it will be avalaible for the end of the month.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 25, 2008 01:10PM

@NeilF,

What is the chance that Roboform will be supported in the future?

None: Because K-Meleon dev team does not support any especially no commercial extensions. If an extension maker wants to support K-Meleon HE is welcome to do so. And Roboform company has pointed out that they plan no support for K-Meleon. They have repeated this several times in the past. First 2003 or so when they even posted bullshit into this Forum. They claimed that K-Meleon cannot work with Roboform & jsnj wrote then already that is probably wrong. I later made proof of concept for K-Meleon 1.x with the SeaMonkey 1.8 adapter and asked Roboform for support. AFAIK it would be sufficient to make Roform Adapters recognize K-Meleon as supported Gecko browser. Then users could open the lower form of the bar from the tray icon (several browsers have the lower bar only). Until that is done by Roboform company K-Meleon users can only use hacks that have many caves and drawbacks.

thx to alain K-Meleon gets "usable" Roboform Hacks - but copyright allows only Roboform company to do anything more than alain did. We have to accept this.

p.s. If all that want to use it (and have payed for the Shareware version) complain to support @ Roboform it might be some use. If You post complaints here its no use. All here support K-Meleon in their spare time only.

Until alain is finished You can try this. IMHO it could work.

Install the old adapter for 1.1 and deactivate its kmm

Create a new bookmark at

chrome://roboform/content/roboNavigatorOverlay.xul (best create new empty, choose edit and paste URL inside)

1.) call this bookmark before You want to use Roboform - It opens a tab that activates Roboform but that tab crashes the browser when it is used or when it stays stays open for more than about 10 seconds. It has the Roboform bar at the top above the html Window - do not use it or its tab.

2.) Now You open another tab - it has the Roboform bar at the bottom of the html Window. This and all subsequent new Windows and Tabs can use the bar. For this session You can reconnect, reopen the bar from tray icon after closing it ...

3.) Make sure to close the 1.) tab that contains chrome://roboform/content/roboNavigatorOverlay.xul.

Else You crash this browser session and You will have trouble to start and use Roboform again for two more browser sessions/starts!

Posted by: ndebord
Date: September 27, 2008 01:37AM

Guenter,

IF roboform is so little inclined to support K-Meleon, what about one of the other extensions for FireFox that is, if not a RoboForm clone, still a macro that records website form and password info?

I'm thinking here about imacros.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3863

N

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: September 27, 2008 07:42AM

Hum, the principal interest of roboform is to purpose the fied contents automaticly when browsing.

I think that a simple macro isn't about to do that. We must use something which can survey our browsing, and interact with chrome.

It will probably not be much easy as you think.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.