can not log in the www.chinaren.com
Posted by: John
Date: October 17, 2008 03:04AM

Dear sir or madam,

I cannot log in the www.chinaren.com. What's the problem? I can use "k-meleon CFF me" to log in it.

Re: can not log in the www.chinaren.com
Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 17, 2008 09:00AM

dear john,
this is hard to test because i can\t create an account to check out the login sequence(linguistic limitations obviously), if it's possible; can you please create an account with latin letters we can test with
username: betatesters
password: kmeleon

Date: October 17, 2008 10:05AM

Thanks for your attention.

I creat an new ID in www.chinaren.com. Please use this ID to check it. It listed as below.:

ID : betatesters@chinaren.com
Passwords: kmeleon

Date: October 17, 2008 11:00AM

thanks john.. it's just a case of overloaded servers, it took several attempts to finally log in, kept getting login time-out, please try again later and with other browsers too not just kmeleon.. i guess you were just lucky with cff me.

Date: October 17, 2008 11:27AM

no, sir, it is not like what you said. I found this problems before so I leave the kemeleon. When I try it today, it is not workable,either. Whne I use CFF me, I can log in any time I want. Please check it.

Date: October 17, 2008 11:30AM

I checked you picture and it is indeed login status. But I trie more than 10 times and failed all. When I use CFF me, I nver met such situation. What is the problem.

Date: October 17, 2008 12:18PM

i have no idea why it logs in immediately with cff me, it took me several times to login but certainly not 10.. maybe 4 or 5 and the same thing happens with internet explorer, firefox and opera maybe they like cff better smiling smiley

try this, maybe it will work:
delete cache contents and cookies
tools>privacy>clear data> cache and cookies

restart kmeleon, then change user agent to firefox
tools>user agent> firefox or seamonkey

go to chinaren and see if it will logon..try 3-4 times, shouldn't take more than that to login

Date: October 17, 2008 12:31PM

I have tried more than ten times for each agent. It failed, too. I am lost.
And I have IE, too. I can log in immediatly.
What is the problem?

Date: October 17, 2008 12:44PM

Anyway, thanks for your kindness.
Maybe I should go to CFF me again.

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: October 17, 2008 01:27PM

maybe there's something with the connection settings that makes it fail before logging in? try creating a temporary new profile with default settings:

edit>manage profiles
new profile, ask at startup check

restart kmeleon and select the newly created profile at the prompt.. see if it logs in with that new profile.. hope it works this time

Date: October 18, 2008 02:07AM

HI, My friend.
It is not workable. I have tried to login with seamonkey and can login immediatly, too. They use the same engine.

Date: October 18, 2008 07:00AM

hi john, i tried again today and it did log me in after 3 attempts or so.. so it sounds more like you have connection settings issues in kmeleon. i also tried logging in with 1.5.0 which had a bug with javascript crippling the login process in gmx mail site.. so i thought this might be the problem if you're using that version.. but again i was able to login with 1.5.0 and the error console didn't show anything significant to prevent negotiating with the site.

nonetheless, if you're still using 1.5.0, try updating to the latest 1.5.1.

i'd also look into the connection settings/proxy.. for exampling disabling https refers might affect how chinaren logs you in, also prefetching.. and if you have pipelinning enabled then try disabling it.

you can access those settings in preferences> network/performance:
make sure both https referers options are checked and also enable link prefetching if it's disabled.

then go to proxy settings>select connect directly to the internet> check enable keep alive and make sure enable pipelinning is disabled.

hope this works.. you should also try creating a test profile with the default kmeleon settings.

good luck.

Date: October 18, 2008 07:14AM

I was using the 1.51 when I found the problem. And I made the changes as you said but it is still not workable. I wonder why there is such problem with K-meleon instead of CFF me, Seamonkey> All of them use gecko engine.

Date: October 18, 2008 09:47AM

yes john..me too, i can't figure this out.. it's one for the times i guess.. or for the developers

Date: October 18, 2008 10:48AM

anyway, thanks for your help and kindness.

Maybe for Chinese users, CFF me is much better.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: October 18, 2008 01:58PM

I can confirm there is a problem, but I don't know why it happens. Could you tell me what version of CCF ME you're Using ?

Date: October 18, 2008 11:55PM

I use from CFF me8.0 to CFF me Beta2 version 4 and never met such problem. But such problem always happen when I use K-meleon.

Date: October 19, 2008 12:00AM

There should be no problem with the version of geckot for seamonkey 1.1.12 use the same version 1.8.1.17 with K-meleon1.51. Even the CFF me 8.0 use a lower version.

Can you help me?

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.