Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
border & flash
Posted by: S.M.
Date: October 21, 2008 04:26AM

hello,

i am proud to say that today, i have set k-meleon as my default web browser grinning smiley
there are however 2 issues i have with it.
one of them i hope just needs a simple configuration change, and i think the other is a compatibility issue.

so, 1st up, when i upgraded k-meleon to 1.5.1, i couldn't help but notice the lime/acid green border around the border :s which was not in the previous version... its also around the bubble tips and i have to be honest... i dont like it tongue sticking out smiley so... is there any way of turning this off or am i stuck with this neon glow until the next release?

ok and 2nd, if you go to http://www.tigo.com.gt and click "envia tus mensajes desde la WEB" it opens a flash popup box (also sporting the new glow-in-the-dark border) in which you can send texts to people in guatemala... however, if you type something and make a mistake, you cant press backspace as it does nothing!... i have just noticed that if you go directly to http://www.tigo.com.gt/templates/pop_msn.html (which is the link for the text popup... if you type something and press backspace there, it brings you back to the previous webpage (before tigo) ?!?!

Any suggestions or ideas (besides not making mistakes when i type tongue sticking out smiley)?

Thank you,

Shéa

(btw the second link is different to the first winking smiley thanks!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: border & flash
Posted by: desga2
Date: October 21, 2008 12:05PM

About your first problem i don't note anything you said in 1.5.1.
You like said that this acid face have a green border => smiling smiley
And in tips ballons ... I note that K-Meleon use a bold border (a border with line more width) in tips compared with Firefox 2 (for example), but this isn't new in 1.5.1 this is identical in 1.5.0.
This border in tips is normal (like Firefox 2) in 1.1.6 and before 1.1.X versions.

Can you explain it more and added some screen capture?

(Remember that you can explain it to me in spanish)

About your second problem it's a flash application that have problem with K-Meleon, you can delete characters in text box using Shift+Backspace.

Are you tried using Firefox 2 User Agent string?
Tools -> User Agent -> Firefox 2

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2008 12:39PM by desga2.

Posted by: Dorian
Date: October 22, 2008 11:19AM

Could the problem be the fact that the flash is added with a JS?

Posted by: S.M.
Date: October 22, 2008 10:22PM

JS being javascript? and if so, does k-meleon have issues with java?

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 23, 2008 04:21PM

If WE assume K-Meleon has a bug (My guess You want to know or report it)?
Because we found something that could be a bug - we check with Firefox or SeaMonkey since they have the same HTML & JavaScript engine as K-Meleon.

It is this testing that users like us can contribute (I'd try with a Firefox with the same GRE number as my K-Meleon.).

Next we(You) know if K-Meleon has a problem with JavaScript or whether it is a problem of the page itself ("Could the problem be the fact that the flash is added with a JS?").

Once we have found on our own machine that is an error & how we can reproduce it, we publish it in Bugs Forum (some problems are machine specific), there others try with their machines...

p.s. Dorian is the core developer that fixes it when we here give him proof that an error is only with K-Meleon plus a sure way to reproduce the error.

JS = JavaScript or ECMAScript... Most browsers plus programs such as Adobe Flash Player have a java script engine.

Java = Java by Sun. To execute a JavaVirtualMachine must be installed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2008 05:07PM by guenter.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.