Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Too much bar & i really don't need it
Posted by: Bneiharash
Date: February 06, 2009 01:04AM

Hi everybody,

So, i like K-meleon, it's a good navigator...
And i'm here to ask people who know about it. I want only one bar with (files, tools, help, favorit, edition, and the last one) after site's location and next forward and backward, that's all.
Not 2 bars or three, it's taking place for nuthin on my screen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Too much bar & i really don't need it
Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 06, 2009 01:31AM

i'm just like you; i don't like many toolbars either.
you can relocate the toolbars at any place you want or even hide bars you do not need.

first make sure your toolbars aren't locked because they seem that way from your snapshot.

click on view(affichage)>toolbars>and uncheck 'lock toolbars'
now place your mouse cursor on any bar you want to relocate. left click and hold the mouse button on the bar and then drag it on to the top bar beside the urlbar or main bar etc

when you're satisfied will all the toolbars locations, you can lock the toolbars again.

bon chance

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 06, 2009 02:49AM

AFAIK toolbars are unchecked to move by default.

It took me from 0.6 - 0.8 to find that the ridge (in the middle) can be grabbed with the mouse and be drawn to any other place on the toolbar section.

Mouse changes status & You can observe that when You slowly move it over the right spot.

p.s. Only a few months later I knew that the bars can be edited with a text editor - they are not programed smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2009 02:54AM by guenter.

Attachments: _01.jpg (801 bytes)  
Posted by: desga2
Date: February 06, 2009 01:02PM
o
Date: February 07, 2009 04:24AM

o

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2009 04:26AM by Bneiharash.

Date: February 07, 2009 04:26AM

disrupted
i'm just like you; i don't like many toolbars either.
you can relocate the toolbars at any place you want or even hide bars you do not need.

first make sure your toolbars aren't locked because they seem that way from your snapshot.

click on view(affichage)>toolbars>and uncheck 'lock toolbars'
now place your mouse cursor on any bar you want to relocate. left click and hold the mouse button on the bar and then drag it on to the top bar beside the urlbar or main bar etc

when you're satisfied will all the toolbars locations, you can lock the toolbars again.

bon chance

Yeah, good i've removed my bar, now it's only one bar, i just want to remove the 9 icons (x, reload, home, favorits, history, print, and the dirty face of kame-leon)

You gave me the half of what i want thx. It's "bonne chance"

Date: February 07, 2009 04:57AM

Thanks, now everything is like i want

Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 07, 2009 06:33AM

Bneiharash
and the dirty face of kame-leon)
grinning smiley

i don't know this dirty face..i don't have it. i can still see you have a dirty green face.. what happens when you click on that dirty face? gunter and desga will know how to remove it.

here's an extra gold tip from desga on toolbars:
click on edit>configuration>user settings and add this string in user.js

user_pref("kmeleon.display.toolbars_line", false);

this will remove that line separator between bars..giving even an extra space smiling smiley

e bonne chance (excusez my french)

edit: oh it's the throbber? you can remove the throbber(animated avi) by going into kmeleon preferences(F2) and uncheck display throbber under general, gui appearance.

edit2: and since you're not so fond of the dirty green lizard you can change the icon in titlebar, tab buttons etc by going to kmeleon/skins folder and open your default skins folder..i believe it's 'klassic; and replace the main.ico icon with any icon you like..

since globe is always a safe choice, here are a few that may look good with your dark theme

(right click on the one you like:save target as: save to kmeleon\skins\klassic and replace main.ico

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2009 07:05AM by disrupted.

Date: February 07, 2009 06:11PM

Thanks really it's better like that

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.