Missing bookmarks
Posted by: Noel
Date: April 30, 2009 02:27PM

My bookmarks have vanished! I have tried everything and it still says when you click the view button that they should be viewable but they are gone. The favorites is there but not the bookmarks! I even tried a system restore and they are still gone. What can I do to get my bookmarks back?

Re: Missing bookmarks
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: April 30, 2009 03:48PM

I don't understand all what you say, but in the profile folder, the bookmarks file is named bookmarks.html, and you must find a second file named bookmarks-backup.html. Look at this file to see if it is ok.

Else, it's perhaps your profile which is bad. Create a new profile, and copy your bookmarks file in the new profile folder, to confirm.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Re: Missing bookmarks
Posted by: guenter
Date: April 30, 2009 11:44PM

Noel
My bookmarks have vanished!

They cannot vanish (I do support here since version 0.8.2!).

K-Meleon has a fine record! Maybe a handful really lost in all those years.

But system crashes % can miss place them.

---------p.s.

OK. Where to search. Gemal says

We substitute Mozilla... with K-Meleon. Next we remember that we have two possible defaults. For K-Meleon another is in ./program files/k-meleon/profiles/...
If we have de selected multi user support on 1.st install.

No we do windows search for bookmarks.html & bookmarks_backup.html.

We may find, bbokmark.htmls in firefox, seamonkey... - we want the k-m one & copy that to current profile.

If we find more than one? sad smiley

No real problem tongue sticking out smiley all browsers can open a html file & You know which is the right one. You open one filen after the other until :B You found the right one. Little work - You use all dates newer or contemp-rary to last crash.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.