web-page archiving macro wanted - please
Posted by: mhf
Date: May 21, 2009 02:52PM

Hello friends,
I'd like to be able to use Canaware NetNotes with KM - would one of you really friendly and helpful people here be able to write a macro to integrate web-page capture into KM using this program ?

Thanks !

Re: web-page archiving macro wanted - please
Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 21, 2009 06:52PM

i can tell by looking at the snapshot that this extension will be problematic to convert because it relies on a sidebar which is not yet available in km..however there are other km alternatives

in alain's page:
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/KMES-Download.html#down_extensions
there's an extension called quicknote which archives seleted text or whole page as text only

on this page:
http://kmeleon.swiftfree.net
there are 2 extensions , text archive is similar to quicknote but saves to separate text files and capture plus captures pages as jpeg format.

Date: May 21, 2009 09:54PM

Thanks disrupted, I already use Quicknote it's great but not really what I need, I'll check out the other one.

I buy and compare a lot of airline tickets and would like to be able to capture the html content.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: May 22, 2009 03:36AM

i apologise..it doesn't work that way..it's not really an 'extension' that needs a sidebar, just shows you shouldn't judge a program by its snapshot.. the program itself(.net) is independent from ff or ie..the import part is what uses the extension.. the program itself relies on an ieshell browser..the ff extension is somewhat like a km macro to send the proper parameters to it but there's a problem.. i was able to make a macro to send the parameters to canarware notes but the view/editable part relies on capturing the page content to the clipboard using javascript..when i attmepted copying km's page content to clipboard and passing it to the importer it didn't show as it should..should mere text without any images and not as it displayed when sent from ff or ie..which is such a shame because this program could have otherwise been a good alternative to the much requested scrapbook extension.

here's the failed macro if someone can build oon it(requires canry netnotes to be installed)

# K-Meleon Macros (http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?id=MacroLanguage)

# ----------canareware archiver

canary_config{
$canarywhere=getpref(STRING,"kmeleon.general.canarywarepath");
$canarywhere=prompt("e.g: c:\\program files\\canaryware", "Enter path where canaryware netnotes is installed", $canarywhere);
setpref(STRING,"kmeleon.general.canarywarepath",$canarywhere);
}

canarychive{
$canaporter=getpref(STRING,"kmeleon.general.canarywarepath");
exec($canaporter."\\Canaware.NetNotes.PageImporter.exe \"".$URL."\" \"".$TITLE."\"");
}

canary_BuildMenu{
setmenu("_Config_General",macro,"Canary Path",canary_config,3);
setmenu(DocumentSave,inline,canaries);
setmenu(canaries,macro,"Canary Archiver",canarychive,2);
}

$OnInit=$OnInit."canary_BuildMenu;";
# --------------------------------------------------------------------
$macroModules=$macroModules."canarynotes;";

i'm sorry i couldn't make it work as it should..try the mht extension which saves in ie mht format single page archive..if you have problems with it, then try kma service which is similar to mht with zip compression, the disadvantage is unlike netnotes you can't edit the page before saving.

Date: May 22, 2009 09:06PM

Well thanks so much for trying disrupted - it would have been a good alternative.
And extra thanks for all your work here.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.