Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Add private mode
Posted by: wong bibi
Date: June 04, 2009 11:12AM

Dear Mr Desga,
Can k-meleon add the feature call private mode. Or have 2 wait until KM 1.6.x with gecko 1.9.x,if yes then when will the KM 1.6.x come out? Can it do something like web browser chrome, firefox, or etc before they release the final vision they will come out beta or alpha version so that we test, let user send their thought to KM browser, & by the way about the fox tab what i mean is we can do searching (like search engine) inside & not only view thing.

Thankyou for answering my question.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Add private mode
Posted by: desga2
Date: June 10, 2009 06:39AM

If I don't remember bad someone (disrupted or JamesD?) created a Privacy mode with a macro. I'm searching the thread in forum but I don't found it.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 10, 2009 10:34AM

I did the private title macro, but I don't think that it equates to the private mode. http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KmmPrivateTitle

Date: June 10, 2009 09:26PM

I found it, read this thread about privacy mode based in macros.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: June 10, 2009 09:54PM

Almost there are a lot of things that be named Private mode.
Next some examples from Bing:

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 11, 2009 03:21PM

i think privacy mode is what wing wong is requestiong but remember you have to do a lot of configs yourself..follow the tutorial in the post and download the new privacy mode autoit that ensures you don't get 'profile already running' error message if you try launching several privacy modes..it ensures to launch new instance in a new tab in existing privacy mode profile if it's already running

http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/privacymode.7z

i tried coding something to auto-create privacy profile for the user by passing profile folder to autoit then it goes up 1 leavel to the profiles folder..copies the profile folder in the directory by renaming it to privacy and writing proper privacy prefs to prefs.js and adding privacy profile to profiles.ini and then setting the attribute to read-only..it works but it has bug if the profile.ini already contains more than one profile then it can create big mess because i'm still trying to make autoit read to array the profiles.ini file and see if there are more than one profile and how many or if it can just add privacy mode with an unlikely used number like [Profile11]
Name=privacy
Path=privacy

it can be done but the biggest problem is what prefs make a privacy mode..it can be different per user..so maybe better if user creates their own privacy profile and use the extension to launch it.

by the way, is the safari snapshot real or photochopped? it'd be hilarious if they really call it 'poorn mode'

Posted by: caktus
Date: June 13, 2009 04:09PM

Off topic. The forum home page http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/ indicates that there is a new post i.e. June 13, 2009 09:28AM in the K-Meleon Improvement requests But when I access the forum the latest post is
Add private mode 95 6 wong bibi 06/11/2009 11:21AM
Last Post by disrupted

I have closed and reopend and refreshed the page many times but the problem still persists. This problem does not occur with the other forums.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: June 13, 2009 04:48PM

It can be due to a removed message (spam for example).

I have delete 2 spams today, and the list isn't updated.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.