Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Alt + arrows
Posted by: c0dex
Date: August 23, 2000 11:37AM

I would like to be able to hit alt-left arrow to go back, like I can in ie. Obvious improvements are context popups with all of ie's features (copying images has long been a favorite of mine), support for copying from the window, drag and drop, etc... What a killer app! Good job, I love it. Sure beats mozilla.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Alt + arrows
Posted by: c0dex
Date: August 23, 2000 11:38AM

oh, and f5 to refresh

Posted by: Dave
Date: August 23, 2000 03:26PM

ahhh no it's ctrl-R and it's 'Reload' winking smiley

I think skinning should *not* be added to this browser for obvious reasons but it'd be nice if a Navigator 4.x version (as a separate download) was produced as I like the look and feel of Netscape a lot more than IE.

Then again would it be possible to take the mozClassic code (the codebase of what was to be Communicator 5.0 before they went all gecko and XPFE) rip out the rendering engine and replace it with gecko and get a reasonable Netscape type native browser?

That said as IE is the most popular now, making the browser look like IE was probably the right decision.

Posted by: marsdude
Date: August 23, 2000 03:34PM

Hey guys, this is great! I've been using K-meleon all this afternoon and I really don't miss all the bloated xtras like Javascript etc. I second cOdex' suggestion about Alt+arrows. That is a very useful feature to have. Anyways, you guys rock. Well, I shall go back to checking out K-meleon again.

Posted by: Gidon E. Rosenthol
Date: August 23, 2000 05:04PM

Uhm...you do realize that you can assign your own hotkeys in the customize screen, right? Very nice feature, by the way. smiling smiley

Posted by: Bur[N]er
Date: August 23, 2000 07:20PM

You can assign buttons do to the alt + arrows and assign F5 to refresh... You can't however assign a button to go to the Address bar, so that is my suggestion.

Posted by: etoffi
Date: August 25, 2000 11:15AM

how 'bout keybindings? if you use keybinadings in a product, alot less b*tchin goes on about trivial things like what key should do what

--
etoffi

Posted by: al lin
Date: August 27, 2000 07:47AM

Keybingings would be excellent... or perhaps an option for either "Netscape mode" or "IE mode" with regards to keyboard shortcuts.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.