Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
Tabbed pages
Posted by: Mark Howard
Date: October 05, 2000 06:12PM

Instead of opening up a new window, have all the pages in the one window, using tabbed pages to get at them all. This should then be faster than opening up full windows. I think there's a chrome for mozilla that's supposed to do this sort of thing.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Tabbed pages
Posted by: wa1er
Date: October 05, 2000 09:05PM

One so-called "feature" of Windows was the ability to put multiple documents into one window. Studies have shown that this does nothing but cause numerous errors and confusion. Therefore, tabbed dialogs stay out.

Posted by: jaron
Date: October 06, 2000 05:16PM

<Waler> Have you used Netcaptor or Opera recently. I find the tabbed feature indespensible in my web browsing.

Posted by: rainmaker
Date: October 11, 2000 07:43PM

the studies were probably made on novices using word. heavy internet users require a feature like mdi in browsers.

Posted by: scratch
Date: October 22, 2000 08:10PM

I haven't tried it, but theoretically you can patch NetCaptor to make it use Gecko instead of M$IE.

Posted by: wgz
Date: November 24, 2000 09:08AM

have u used web surface? that browser is better than netcaptor because we could make that tab convert to floating windows and that floating windows could stay on top. and they have skin theme too, i think k-meleon should do like that and i think k-meleon should add cut/paste function

Posted by: wa1er
Date: December 02, 2000 09:17PM

Then how come Macs don't support MDI, but they're supposedly the simplest computers (as per GUI) for people who've never used a computer before to learn? When working on a Mac, I've never once found a need for MDI; at least not in the sense of having document windows within application windows. What it does do is group palettes and menu bars with the windows, so when you "hide" (minimize) an application, it hides all it's windows, and when you change focus, it hides all palettes and switches menu bars. Microsoft is adding something similar with Whistler, where the taskbar can group all windows by application; that way you can have the simplicity of SDI with the minimal clutter of MDI.

Anyway, tabs seem like the worst way to implement MDI. What if you want to look at two web pages at once, to compare something for example?

Posted by: yooser
Date: February 16, 2001 05:46PM

i personally would love to see tabbed pages! they make browsing sooo much easier, imho, if you are like me and open almost everything in a new window. i do wish i could view 2 windows side-by-side sometimes with netcaptor, but i have any idea how to overcome that. add the ablitiy to select multiple tabs, and add a "window" drop down, where you could select horizonally, vertically, tiled, etc.

easier said then done, i know. for now i just open he link in an ie window and tile the old-fashioned way.

regards,
ben

Posted by: suppafly
Date: February 17, 2001 09:51PM

/me shudders at all you people that want all your windows inside of one big window that has tabs..

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.