Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
drag-and-drop of links and other tidbits
Posted by: Peter Fokkinga
Date: May 16, 2001 01:22PM

First of all a big thanks for K-Meleon; it works very well already and really fits with my idea of what a webbrowser should do (browsing the web that is and no more).

some things that would make my day:
1. drag-and-drop of links from one instance of K-Meleon to another; it's basically 'open in new window' without creating a gazillion new windows but reusing existing ones (both IE and netscape 4.x support this) I use this trick extensively...
2. support for netscape roaming access (using apache's mod_roaming); this is the one reason I'm still using netscape 4.77 as my default browser
3. smaller memoryprint; according to taskmanager (NT 4.0) K-Meleon is 16MB right after startup, not a serious problem as I have 256MB installed, but smaller is better :-)
4. up-to-date information on the website
- what mozilla version is .4 based on
- wrt javascript: .4 appears to be the 'upcoming version' mentioned in the faq

Regards, Peter Fokkinga

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: drag-and-drop of links and other tidbits
Posted by: scratch
Date: May 16, 2001 02:46PM

.40 uses Mozilla .90, and I believe Javascript was supported in .10 so I never understood why it said that in the faq.

Posted by: Brian
Date: May 16, 2001 06:38PM

in the faq, they were talking about javascript: urls I think. we really need to update that faq...

Posted by: FredP
Date: May 17, 2001 08:48AM

Yes, drag'n'drop links would be nice, because it would maje kmeleon work better with downloaders like DLExpert or NetVampire that have a small window you can drag URls to for downloading...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.