Improvement requests :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
Use this forum to talk about a feature you're missing. 
better support for frames
Posted by: Alfonso
Date: May 20, 2001 08:49PM

There should be an option in the popup menu to "refresh this frame", as it is it M or IE. (besides other frame related options like view frame source, save frame and open in new window)

This is basic stuff that it's currently missing, but there is another option that I think it could be very interensting: When refreshing a window with frames it just reloads the original frameset and the contents of its frames. Don't you think that it would be much better if it would only refresh the current contents of the frames?

It's something like what it happens when you bookmark a site in IE, it remembers the current frames that you are viewing and then when using the bookmark it jumps to the proper section of the website. (another interesting option to work on).

I know it's quite a lot of work. Maybe somethings aren't responsability of K, but M instead, if it's so just tell me to fill the proper bugs in bugzilla.

Bye

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: better support for frames
Posted by: archen
Date: May 22, 2001 03:21AM

I'd also like to bring up something that caught my eye in Mozilla: "View just this frame". I think that's a very cool feature that I thought I'd bring up that maybe you guys would look into =)

Re: better support for frames
Posted by: Joshua Prowse
Date: May 24, 2001 07:35PM

It's also available in Internet Exporer through the Power Toys extension. eventaully I'd like to see all of the functionality of IE included in kmeleon. I see it as a way of bringing over the Macintosh features from that version of the browser to Windows sicne Microsoft seems reluctant to port them in their own browser.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.